2. Vegetable recipes :
- 1 pear
- 1 oz (1/8 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 large potato
- 1 small turnip
- little maple syrup (optional)
- Peel and core the pear
- then cut it into quarters.
- Peel and dice the potato and turnip
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Melt the butter (add the maple syrup, if you wish) and toss the pear in the butter until the pieces are coated.
- Place the pear quarters on a baking sheet and roast them for around 45 mins, basting frequently with the juice. The pear should be very tender when it’s done.
- Puree the pear, along with any remaining cooking liquid, in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, simmer the potato and turnip for around 20-30 mins, until tender, then drain.
- Puree the turnip – but DON’T puree the potato (it may go “gluey”). Mash it with the butter instead, then combine the mashed potato with the pureed pear and turnip.