5- Homemade Carrot baby food:
- 1 large carrot, peeled (if not organic) and diced
- 1 white potato, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
- low sodium or homemade vegetable stock – or water
- Place the veggie and apple cubes into a saucepan and cover with stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until tender (around 10 mins), adding a little extra stock if necessary.
- Add the nutmeg, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth
- This is a very versatile recipe – by adjusting the amount of stock that you use, you can create a very thick, almost puree-like soup – or a runnier,like soup!