Improving the quality of air has always been a sensitive issue – especially for those who are prone to issues which may arise from the improper management of the surrounding air. This has led to extensive research which, in turn, gave way to the air filtration system as we know it today.
In this piece, we will be discussing all you need to have a better grasp of what they are, how they work and picking the best ones.
What are air filtration systems?
As the name implies, these are materials used to remove particles from the air. In other words, they are specially manufactured items, usually characterized by fibrous or porous membranes with which they trap contaminants in the air.
By contaminants, we mean any and all of dust, pollen, mites, smoke and even odor (in the case of carbon air purifiers, for example) in some cases. 18x18x1 Air Filter is one of your best choice for high-quality air filters for a variety of uses, including residential, workplace, and commercial settings.
How do they work?
Due to the different types out there, the mode of operation of these air filtration systems differs from one another. However, a lot of these can be grouped under the same canopy and explained thus:
- Ionization – Air, and the particles in it, are usually moving around with a neutral charge. When suitable air filtration systems are used, they bombard the air with charges. On gaining extra charge, the air becomes negatively charged. The filter itself, being positively charged, can now attract the air and trap particles in it.
- Adsorption – This is the ability of some materials to trap other particles on its surface when they pass through it. This is how a carbon (activated charcoal) filter works to trap odors and other contaminants in the air onto its surface while allowing clean air to pass through
- Ozonation – Much similar to ionization is ozonation. The purifiers used here – called ozone generators – alter the molecules of oxygen in the air. By causing a split in the molecules, ozone (which contains three molecules of oxygen as opposed to the two molecules present in air) is released. This ozone deionizes to cleanse the air and rid it of contaminations.
Why do you need air purification systems at all?
Not having an air filtration system in your home, place of work or any other residential/ commercial area does more harm than good.
You don’t have to take our word for it. Here are some benefits of having one of these installed:
- They supply clean air to your family
- They remove the unpleasant odors from the air
- If you keep pets, these air filters will trap allergens released from the pets
- They work in neutralizing smoke
- They are excellent at trapping dust
- Up to 99% of bacteria in the air can be removed by air filters
- Seasonal allergens are best combated by these filters, and so much more
Choosing the best one
Your choice of an air purification system will be dependent on the space you want to use it in, and for what purpose. Likewise, you want to ensure you’re shopping from a certified manufacturer so that you don’t get cheated out of quality.
KLC Cleantech offers premium quality builds of air purification system for both residential and commercial uses. With top-of-the-line engineering in place, they also offer competitive prices across different models and types of air purification systems. KLC Cleantech is one of the air filter suppliers you can trust. They are a leading air purifying and filtration equipment manufacturer with over 24 years of experience. They can provide you with high-quality, precision manufactured air filters with an up to 90% removal rate.
A brief look through their catalogue is sure to bring up something that works just for you.