Generally, we buy pizza crust from the market & follow the further process of pizza formation from online videos. Preparing this popular Italian dish at home is very easy if you have a microwave oven. Pizza is a highly customizable dish of Italian cuisine that you can stuff with traditional or exotic ingredients. For both vegetarians & non-vegetarians, countless options of pizza flavors are available in the market. Along with toppings, the crust of pizza also plays an important role in its quality. Nobody knows whether the crust you are buying from the market is fresh or stale. Also, they contain strong emulsifiers that are not good for our health. How about preparing crusts also at home. This is not a difficult process because most of the ingredients are already available in your kitchen. Here we are going to understand the formation of different pizza crusts in simple steps.
Master Pizza Doug Crust
As mentioned above, preparing pizza crust at home is a very easy process & even a beginner can also bake the finest quality crust. After all, it is just a piece of bread. Our first recipe has the process of preparing the master pizza dough. Note down all steps carefully before trying it at home. First of all, you need to arrange the following ingredients:-
- 2 ½ cups of organic Italian flour
- 1 small packet of rapid rise yeast
- 1 large cup of boiling water
- A few pinches of salt
- Olive oil (2 Table Spoons)
- Take a large bowl, add 2 cups of flour, yeast packet & salt. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly without using water.
- Now, add water & olive oil in the dry mixture and stir it briskly. Keep on stirring while maintaining the consistency of flour. For obtaining a soft texture, knead the Italian 00 flour for around 5 minutes.
- After softening, let it rest for around 10 minutes. In this time, the dough will inflate enough for utilizing in the formation of crust.
- Get a round pizza pan of 14 inches and rub its surface with oil thoroughly followed by sprinkling cornmeal. Make a ball of dough & spread it over the pan. Spread toppings including veggies, cheese or meat you want.
- Bake the crust for around 25 minutes under 200C temperature.
- Your fresh pizza is ready to serve in 6 portions.
Thin Pizza crust
Not everyone likes fluffy crusts of pizza & want it thinner. While ordering online, we choose between the crust options such as cheese burst, normal & thin etc. Now you can prepare a thin crust at home. Arrange these ingredients in your kitchen:-
- Take Italian pizza flour in two cups
- ¾ th cup of lukewarm water
- Active dry yeast (1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Take a large bowl to add lukewarm water, yeast & salt & mix them thoroughly. Let the yeast activate until it creates a layer of foam on the top that will hardly take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Get another large bowl & add 1 ¾ th cups of flour. Pour the water containing yeast mixture and knead it thoroughly to prepare a fine dough.
- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes & roll it on a 12-inch pizza pan in a thin round surface which must be greased perfectly.
- At 260 degree C, it will hardly take 10 minutes to bake completely. Use the crust for making any pizza of your choice.
Th Italian flour for pasta & pizza is almost the same. For making a fine crust, always prefer 00 grade of Italian flour which is easily available in authentic Italian ingredients store. If not available in the locality, try online options.