4. BLT Burgers:
You don’t need a ton of fancy ingredients to make a spectacular burger. Just wrap a patty in bacon before grilling, then serve it with lettuce, tomato, onions, and a simple sauce.
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 8 slice(s) bacon
- 4 sesame-seed buns, split and toasted
- Sliced sweet onion, tomato, and romaine lettuce leaves
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In bowl, stir ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard until blended. Set sauce aside. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers. Wrap each burger with 2 strips bacon, perpendicular to each other.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning over once.
- During last 2 minutes of cooking burgers, place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack and heat until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with onion, tomato, lettuce, and ketchup sauce.