5- Spicy Barbecue Burgers with Blue Cheese-Carrot Slawe:
These amply seasoned burgers get an extra punch of flavor from chipotle chili-spiked barbecue sauce.
- 2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup(s) chunky blue-cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juic
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) smoky chipotle chili barbecue sauce, or your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce (optional), mixed with favorite barbecue sauce, if desired
- Slaw: In a medium bowl, toss ingredients to blend.
- Burgers: Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill pan to medium. In a medium bowl, gently mix beef, 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce (or barbecue sauce mixture), chili powder, cumin, and salt. Divide mixture evenly and shape into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brush hamburger buns with oil, then toast on grill, 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
- Grill burgers 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, brushing with the remaining 1/4 cup sauce.
- Place a piece of lettuce on bottom of each bun; top with burger, then slaw. Replace top half of bun.