3. Artichoke and Cheese Dip:
For this classic tapas morsel, sweet and garlicky tomato spread is the perfect companion for thin slices of salty, dry-cured Spanish ham. Plum tomatoes are called for because they contain less water and therefore have a more intense flavor when they are slow-roasted.
- 16 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (about 8 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- grated onion, about 1 to 2 teaspoons, optional
- chopped green onion, optional
- Mix ingredients together.
- Bake in casserole at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or in lightly buttered 3 1/2 quart slow cooker on HIGH for about 1 hour.
- Serve with cubes of crusty bread or assorted crackers.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion, if desired.