4. Cranberry Chutney Recipe :
- 2 large shallots (3 oz), coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries (not thawed)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Cook shallots in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, just until berries pop, 10 to 12 minutes, then cool.