4. Sloppy Joe Bites Recipe :
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Keebler® Town House Toppers® Original Crackers OR Keebler® Town House Toppers® Multi-Grain
- In non-stick Dutch oven cook onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same Dutch oven cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off any fat. Stir in vegetable mixture, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 25 to 30 minutes or until very thick, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of meat mixture on top of each cracker. (Or, transfer to serving bowl and serve with crackers).