Dental hygiene is something that sometimes gets carried away as a result of our busy and hectic schedule. Most of us consider two times brushing to be everything in the name of dental care. This carelessness is one of the major causes of the increasing oral problems at an alarming rate. Everyone likes a perfect smile and this is why taking care of your teeth, gums, and tongue is so important. Having a great oral hygiene can save you from a lot of medical issues such as a toothache, gum diseases, bad breath, infection and a lot more. This article consists of 5 best tips for you that are so simple to follow and can save you from oral problems. So let’s get started:
- Proper brushing: We are taught since our childhood that daily brushing is must for maintaining oral health. However, the proper technique of brushing is hardly discussed which is the reason people end up having so many dental problems. First thing is to choose a good quality toothpaste and there are a lot of trusted brands which offer their toothpaste for specific purposes. Like there is a toothpaste for tooth sensitivity and a separate one for having shining teeth. Once you decide the best toothpaste for you, it is the time to carefully choose a toothbrush which can be gentle to your teeth. Experts recommend the use of soft-bristled toothbrushes as they don’t cause bleeding while you brush. Electric toothbrushes are also in trend because of their efficient cleaning action. Read quip toothbrush review to know which one is best for you. You can find top electric toothbrush online and will be bound to think why you didn’t choose them before.
While brushing, maintain an angle of 45 degrees between your toothbrush and the gum line and don’t forget to be gentle while brushing. Most of the toothbrushes come with an attached tongue cleaner which can be rubbed against the tongue. Don’t forget to brush two times a day i.e. in the morning and before going to sleep at night. Another tip that comes in handy is to regularly change your toothbrush before it gets too worn out or unfit to use.
- Regular floss and mouthwash: Studies show that flossing is one of the most ignored things people come across while dealing with oral hygiene. However, the importance of flossing can be understood from the fact that it helps to clean the food particles that get stuck and are far from the reach of bristles of a toothbrush. If not twice, you can floss at least once in a day.
Mouthwash is like an extra step towards a great oral hygiene and this is why it shouldn’t be ignored. It helps to remove the bacteria present in your mouth and also provides a cure for bad breath. Mouthwash even comes in small packs that you can easily carry in your pocket and use frequently throughout the day whenever required.
- Avoid soda, coffee, and alcohol: These beverages are known to be enemies for your teeth as they lead to tooth decay and other dental problems. This is because of the presence of excess amount of Phosphorus and other chemicals which damage your teeth. It is also recommended to skip eating sweet candies and other sweetened products as they can cause the natural white shine of your teeth to get faded and pale.
- Quit tobacco: Chewing tobacco or smoking cigarettes is practically the worst thing that you can do your mouth. A high risk of mouth cancer along with other problems like dull teeth are byproducts of tobacco consumption. Apart from this, the bad breath comes as a bonus after you finish a cigarette or chew tobacco products. There are a lot of sure shot ways to quit tobacco usage which can be very beneficial to your oral health. Implement them before it gets too late to do anything but to suffer.
- Make sure to consume Calcium and other essential vitamins: Your teeth and bones require Calcium in order to remain healthy and strong. Either take Calcium supplements or try the natural way by eating yogurt, broccoli, cheese and relying on orange juice, milk, and other dairy products. However, if you choose to take a Calcium supplement, make sure to take it with a proper prescription taking count of your age and other factors. Vitamin D and B complex are also necessary to maintain healthy teeth and gums so make sure to include them in your diet.
Conclusion: Having seen all the above points, now you know how to take proper care of your oral hygiene. Do not forget to visit your dentist on a regular basis and get a proper dental checkup done. Two times a year seems to be a nice option because carelessness with your oral health is not affordable at all.