Trash is an unavoidable part of life, and garbage bags are an essential element of your everyday routine. Improper waste disposal can be quite harmful to nature. Imagine the contents of your garbage bags flying all over the place and polluting water bodies. Your garbage bags help keep the contents of your bag contained. This is why many municipalities and governing bodies require you to collect all your waste in trash bags before disposal.
When buying trash bags, a few precautions and a judicious selection of bags will ensure that you are contributing to pollution-free earth.
Why are garbage bags essential?
In an ideal world, garbage bags may not be necessary. You can compost your food waste and peels, donate items you don’t need, and reduce unnecessary consumption.
But, hold your thoughts there. In the real world, all of these are not actually possible. Composting may not be for everyone. It isn’t feasible if you do not have the right equipment or the right environment for composting.
It is impossible to avoid dry waste. Not all trash that you tend to accumulate is recyclable. In today’s consumerist world, where some type of plastic or the other is common, you are bound to accumulate non-recyclable plastics and other forms of trash.
Garbage bags are indispensable for various reasons:
- They keep your trash cans free of odor and help maintain hygiene. Imagine not using garbage bags to line your cans. Maintaining them can be quite a hassle. In addition, packing and throwing away trash is easier with the help of garbage bags.
- Garbage bags are a convenient way of disposing of trash. This especially applies to areas that have specific days of the week allotted for garbage collection. When not packed in trash bags, a gust of wind can topple your garbage can and spread your trash all over the roads.
- These poly bags are durable and last for quite a long time. Hence they are good value for money.
- Garbage bags are versatile. Whether you require bags for home use or have a small business and collect vast amounts of trash every day, Poly garbage bags are available in different sizes to accommodate different needs.
- Poly Garbage bags are much cheaper when compared to cloth bags and resist the extremes of weather.
While garbage bags have so many advantages, all are not rosy when it comes to these bags being environmentally friendly. Polybags made improperly or bags that do not degrade well cause harm to society.
But fret not, you can still be environmentally friendly while continuing to use garbage bags.
Environmentally safe garbage bags:
With poly bags, you have the option of purchasing and using biodegradable or compostable garbage bags. Another option is to use garbage bags made of recycled material. Let us see how each bag is made and how you can be environmentally responsible by using these bags.
These bags are manufactured to be decomposed with the help of bacteria and other living organisms. Once these trash bags reach the landfill, they react with the moisture present around them. The bacteria start eating up the bags, as a result of which they get completely biodegraded.
These bags are the best option when you have a composting system. Compostable bags break down completely under the right conditions of oxygen, temperature, and moisture and release compost material. This material can help improve the fertility of the soil.
Recycled plastic bags:
These garbage bags are the best option when it comes to saving the environment. Not all plastics are biodegradable. They occupy landfills and water bodies and retain their form for decades.
Recycled plastic bags are made by processing old and waste plastics and converting them into usable bags. Recycling is one of the most important steps towards reducing pollution and ensuring a greener future, especially in this day and age when plastic pollution is turning into a problem of mammoth proportions.
Using recycled plastic bags has many advantages:
A standard plastic bag manufacturing process requires crude oil and natural gas derivatives. When you use pre-existing plastic for manufacturing garbage bags, you avoid the use of these fossil fuels.
Recycled plastic bags reduce the amount of plastic waste that ends up in landfills as well as water bodies such as the oceans and seas. As a result, using recycled plastic helps reduce land and water pollution.
Sustainable living is the mantra of living in the 21st century. Minimalism and sustainable living are the two aspects that will help save the environment in the future. Using recycled materials is one way of achieving sustainable living when avoiding plastic isn’t practical.
While it is impossible to avoid plastic use, by using garbage bags that are environmentally sustainable and decomposable, you can ensure that you are doing your bit for the environment and for future generations.
A few tips when buying garbage bags:
- Use plastic bags made of 100% recycled material.
- If your garbage bags are biodegradable or compostable, it is a bonus.
- Opt for reputed brands like Dunplast that manufacture poly bags.
- Strong and sturdy bags don’t fall apart quickly and are extremely durable. Look for these features when buying garbage bags.
The use of garbage bags cannot be totally avoided. But you can definitely be judicious by using bags made of recycled material. You can also choose to use biodegradable and compostable bags. Buying your garbage bags from reputed brands will ensure that you are getting ethical and genuinely manufactured products that are environment-friendly.