Flipping golf clubs is a great way to make extra cash. Whether you use it to fund your love of the game or you rely on the profits to pay bills, selling golf clubs on eBay can be a ‘fair way’ to make money if you want to enjoy more green in your life.
Why Golf Clubs Are in Demand
If you haven’t already discovered the profit potential when you resell golf clubs for yourself, then you might be wondering why things like these have such a strong market. There are good reasons why:
- Popularity:Any given year, between 24 and 30 million Americans play golf. Some estimates even suggest the country has more golf courses than McDonald’s locations. The popularity of the game is undeniable.
- Social Distancing:In an age where standing too close to people, especially indoors, isn’t a great idea, golf is a great sport to spend time playing.
- Need New Clubs:Players eventually need new clubs. Whether they’re replacing an entire set that got too old or they need to replace a sand wedge that succumbed to their bunker rage, they need new clubs to keep playing.
Why Clubs Are Available
Even with booming demand for golf clubs, that doesn’t mean there’s a shortage of them on the secondary market. Several reasons contribute to the supply:
- No Longer Play:Many players just don’t hit the links anymore. This happens a lot with aging Baby Boomers headed into retirement and their golden years.
- Wear and Tear:Players who spend a lot of time on the course eventually want newer clubs, but their older ones likely still have a lot of life left in them.
- Upgrades:Sometimes, players leave perfectly good clubs behind just because they upgrade to something nicer and newer.
Why Resell Golf Clubs Using eBay?
Selling on eBay lets you take golf clubs you find in your local area and sell them to a national market. The profit potential is in knowing the niche places to find them cheap and then sell them at higher prices with the help of exposure, reputation, and bidding wars.
Look for used or new golf clubs in these places:
- Pawn Shops
- Storage Auctions
- Yard/Garage Sales
- Estate Sales
Piece Out or Gather Up?
One crucial decision you will be faced with is whether or not to deal in whole sets or pieces. You can certainly stick with just buying and selling complete sets of golf clubs for simplicity, but there are other ways to make money in flipping golf clubs.
For instance, selling only complete sets means ignoring the audience that might only need single clubs. Incomplete sets of high-value clubs might bring back more money pieced out one by one, but you also might be able to assemble mixed pieces and put together your own full sets, saving buyers time and shopping.
You can expand what you buy and what you sell, but you also might run the risk of getting stuck with a hundred putters in your storage space.
Read More: Why Do Golfers Wear Gloves?
While flipping golf clubs on eBay can be a great business, there are certain things you need to do to make the most of your time and effort.
- Accurate Descriptions:Online buyers have only your auction information to go by, so make sure it’s precise and to the point. It’s almost better to undersell your items a bit and let the photos do the work.
- Actual Photos:Stock images of the clubs aren’t going to work. Buyers want to know the condition of the actual item they’re bidding on.
- Free Shipping:Whenever possible, include free shipping or just include it in the listing price. EBay users hate extra fees, and the shipping costs of golf clubs can be a gut punch.
- Reputation Matters:Your eBay feedback is your online business in many ways. The more feedback you get, the more buyers will shop with you. Many eBay users won’t even look at auctions if the seller has less than 100 transactions or a feedback rating less than the high 90s.
If you really want to make the most of flipping golf clubs on eBay, then visit Golf Clubs Guru for more golf tips, reviews and training. The product reviews will help you learn which clubs are better to buy and sell, while the training and tips are sure to help you understand your target customers and their needs better, too. That all adds up to better auctions and listings for you when people Google for golf clubs on eBay.