Sofas are the perfect addition to any space. They can transform a living room for days, but picking out the right sofa can be difficult. The key is finding one that fits your style and budget. Try these tips when you go shopping:
1) Consider the size of your living room and how much seating you need (if family members will use it).
2) The more expensive sofas come with better quality cushions, frames, and materials; avoid buying anything made entirely of pressed wood or particleboard.
3) Before making a purchase, sit down on any sofa that interests you to see if it’s comfortable enough for you- this is especially important if you plan to spend hours in it reading or watching TV!
4) Think about the look and feel you want in your living room. Do you prefer a traditional, modern, or contemporary design?
5) When you’re fabric shopping: wool and cotton are good for durability and stain resistance. Linen and silk-blend fabrics will give you a crisp and clean look that’s perfect if you like to decorate with lots of pillows.
6) If you have children, look for easy-to-clean slipcovers.
7) It’s also wise to buy a sofa that can be cleaned without “dousing it in water” (like microfiber).
8) Don’t forget about extra features like storage areas in the arms for remote controls or books; USB docking stations; rotating trays; etc.
9) If you have problems with allergies, you’ll want to avoid upholstery sofas made of natural fiber or fabric.
10) You can always find a good deal at resale shops and second-hand stores.
11) For top-quality pieces, be prepared to spend $800-$5000, depending on the style.
12) The best time to shop for quality furniture is in the late summer/early fall when stores look to fill their inventories before the holidays. This is also when many manufacturers offer discounts on new fabrics!
13) Sofas should last up to ten years; it’s wise to purchase protection plans through home furnishing retailers by paying an extra several hundred dollars because while accidents happen, covering potential issues will help keep your budget in check.
14) When you find a sofa, make sure to ask about the store’s return policy and warranty- this information should be on their receipt, website, and posted somewhere visible in the store.
If you go online:
To find good sofas online, you need to check https://www.cellini.com.sg/products/furniture/living-room/all-sofas where you can find many great options.
To check the store reviews go to the website of a retailer you’re considering- if they have a poor rating, it’s because they give their customers an odd assortment of products or prices wildly different from those listed online. To find many sofa reviews, all you need to do is search for your preferred retailer on Google and press enter, then click on “Sofa Reviews” in the drop-down list. This way, you can determine whether people love their sofas or if any problems need to be addressed before purchasing them!
Take your time when you’re looking for a sofa. This is your chance to find the perfect match, so expect it to take some time!