There are a lot of things to do in LA. Every week in the city there are major festivals and events. It is the biggest city in California. Its original name was El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles which means the town of the Queen of Angels. It is also known as La-La Land and Tinsel Town. It is a home for Hollywood stars, the TV and movie industries. LA is also famous for the Madame Tussauds Museum. The best festivals and events are organized all the year-round using a month by month calendar. The major LA Events make this place a paradise. Therefore for a visit to LA check before heading out because these are unusual days and it’s hard to be accurate. But to guide you let’s focus on the highlights of some of the calendar events of LA month-wise.
- January (Roses Parade):- It is celebrated on 1st January and is well known as the tournament of roses parade. It started in 1890 and is still going on. To show off California’s sun-kissed climate it includes musical performance, marching troupes, and floral floats. This event is witnessed by thousands of viewers crowding the streets of Pasadena. This is followed by a big Rose Bowl football game.
- February (Dragon Parade):- This event takes place in early February with a Golden Dragon Parade through China Town including a two-day street fair, a carnival, fashion shows, lantern processions, and eateries.
Pan African Film Festival:- To address the issues of cultural and racial tolerance, a slate of African and American films is organized at Rave Cinemas Baldwin Hills.
Academy Awards:- This event is held in late February on a Sunday at Kodak Theatre, Hollywood, Highlands with stands full of fans.
- March (Blessing Animals):- This event is held on a Saturday before Easter to bless animals with holy water. The precession of farm animals is led by a cow festooned with flowers winding its way down LA’s oldest streets.
- April:- The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach is held in mid-April. It is also called Southern California’s official spring break. The spectators spend their afternoon witnessing this high-speed extravaganza two-mile street circuit with lots of straights and curves.
LA Times Festival of Books:- This event takes place in late April at USC campus Downtown, where literate Angelenos assemble to commune with writers reading and signing. There are talks and discussions and the booksellers get a chance to sell their wares directly to the public by setting up stalls.
Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival:- It is held in late April at Melody Ranch Motion Picture Studio with attractions like the Walk of Western Stars Gala, horseback rides, a cowboy couture fashion show, cowboy poetry, Chow, and comedy.
- May:- It’s an event for the Los Angeles Asian Pacific film festival held in May at Directors guild of America, CGV Cinemas, The Art Theatre of Long Beach showing a lot of Asian and Asian American films.
- June:- The LA Gay Pride event is held in early June around Santa Monica Boulevard. It’s a three-day festival and three hours Sunday parade attracts 400,000 people in a good-natured and raucous atmosphere accompanied by divas, drag queens, and DJ’s
There are many more events that take place in LA every year making this city an ultimate destination for the locals and tourists. If you want to witness these events plan your trip accordingly so that you can enjoy the yearly events with a lot of good food and celebration. check out for all the information required before booking your tickets to avoid last time embarrassment.