If you are planning to take bass guitar lessons online, it is so easy and simple. If you are dedicated and practice well, you can learn the basic steps in playing bass. For you to start training you need to have a bass guitar and a guitar pick. There are so many online course that you can enroll. Some are free while others require paying a fee. Taking lessons online is simple and the following are some of the things you will learn.
- Knowing the different parts of a bass guitar
- Understanding minor, major or pentatonic scale
- Know how to fit the scales and progressions to one cohesive song
- Playing popular music on your bass guitar
- Understand the frets, strings and bass strings
Choosing a bass guitar
The first thing you need to know is to select the right bass guitar. There are different types of bass guitars that come at different prices. You can get bass guitars with a solid body or hollow bodies. They can also have either single coil or humbucker. Some models also come with 4, 5 or 6 strings. It is important is you set a budget and look for the most suitable bass guitar. Check out many acoustic guitar reviews to find out the best model for you.
Knowing how to tune your bass guitar
This is a common problem among many beginner guitarists. If you keep doing it, you will find it very easy. You need to ensure that your guitar is in tune when you are performing to get the best sound output. The bass should be pitched one octave lower than the guitar.
Reading bass tabs
Another important online lesson that you need to take is reading bass tabs. This will help you learn bass guitar and become an advanced player. If you learn playing bass guitar using tabs, it will be very simple for you to learn songs fast.
Practicing to play bass
Practice is very important for beginners learning how to play bass. For you to get started as you practice, the following tips will help you.
Ensure that you practice daily for 30 minutes and above
- Playing bass guitar requires concentration. Choose the best time of the day when there are no distractions
- Master the technique exercises first. Learn how your fingers, run scales, playing chords and arpeggios move.
- Do not be in a rush when you are training. Start slowly and focus on every note until you can proceed to a high tempo.
- It is important to track your progress. Monitor your exercises, goal, and routines and mark the difficult areas that you need to spend more time.
If you are interested in playing bass guitar, never underestimate your capability. There are so many people who have taken their bass guitar lessons online and end up becoming successful bass players. The most important thing to remember is to keep practicing. Do your research well and look for the best online videos and tutorials. Get something positive from the lessons and you will become the best bass guitar player.