Fresh air is the backbone of good health for you and your family. Without it, you and your loved ones become vulnerable to different infections and breathing complications. Fortunately, ionic purifiers come in handy to help you enjoy clean air in your home.
An ionic air purifier uses technology that emits a blanket of ions that significantly reduces allergens and dust. However, the tech behind this type of purifier is a century old. The tech interacts with mold, bacteria, odor, and allergens to create a healthy living atmosphere that improves health. The purifier also enhances your home’s breathing quality, making it helpful to people with asthma and other allergic reactions. It also reduces the dangers secondary tobacco smoking poses to non-smokers.
However, how effectively and long this purifier serves you depends on how well you care for and maintain it. This post shares practical tips to help you maintain your ionic air cleaner. Keep reading to the end to learn and benefit more from your air purifier.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
You cannot underestimate the importance of maintaining your ionic air cleaner unless you want to shortchange yourself. For instance, failing to maintain it could saturate the cleaner’s grilles and filters, grossly undermining the machine’s operation.
Also, maintaining your device properly ensures that it serves you for long. You need to spare some time, especially during weekends, to clean the cleaner. But how best should you do the maintenance to enjoy optimal service? Below are actionable tips for maintaining your ionic air purifier.
- You must switch off your appliance before conducting any maintenance on it. Disconnect it from its power source as a standard safety measure, and then start doing what you want to do.
- Your ionic air cleaner has grids that accumulate dust as it purifies air. Therefore, remove these accumulated particles carefully using a small brush that will enable you to reach all the dirty places easily.
- Your cleaner’s surface also gathers dirt. You need to clean it using a soft piece of cloth that’s dipped in water. But make sure that the rug doesn’t contain much water.
- If you want to remove the meshes or check the appliance’s interior, do it cautiously as per its user manual to avoid causing more problems.
- If you remove the air cleaner’s meshes and grilles, it’s critical to clean them using soap and water to remove all particles and dirt.
- Always use warm water to clean the grilles and meshes.
- Also, ensure that all your appliance’s grilles and meshes are dry before fitting them back after washing. Otherwise, fitting them with moisture could damage them.
- When you want to clean your ionic air purifier, always remove the dirt using a dry piece of cloth because any moisture that enters the machine can damage it and cause an electrical accident or explosion.
- When washing your air cleaner’s parts, skip the filters. Instead, you can only wipe them with a dry piece of cloth.
- It is also beneficial to clean the purifier’s collector plate more regularly if you have an electrostatic precipitator model.
- Don’t forget to clean the area surrounding your machine more frequently, especially utilizing a vacuum cleaner fitted with a HEPA filter.
Following these tips will ensure that you get the most out of your ionic air cleaner.
How Frequently Should You Maintain Your Ionic Air Purifier?
The frequency of cleaning your air purifier varies based on several factors. First, its model determines maintenance frequency. Second, your usage frequency will also determine how regularly you will need to maintain it. That means that a person who uses it for fewer hours will need to maintain it more often and vice versa.
Third, where you place and use your machine also determines its cleaning or maintenance frequency. For instance, using it in a clean place means you won’t need to maintain it more regularly. However, if you use it in an environment filled with dust, smoke, or pollen, you will maintain and clean it more often.
So, what is the average or ideal maintenance frequency? Most people who use their air cleaners will have to maintain them at least twice annually. However, you can do it three or four times per year if it gets dirty faster or more frequently. Use your discretion to determine the exact when of doing it.
You are now abreast of actionable tips and insights to help you maintain your ionic air cleaner. Go ahead and use them to get the most out of this device and enjoy fresh air for a healthy life.