Since India is a developing nation and many of the people are below poverty line, Scholarships are the source for the students to make the best career. In India, both government and private organisations provide scholarships to meritorious students, who couldn’t be offered to pay huge amounts of fees in education. Scholarships are provided to the students at various levels of education, such as UG, PG, Doctoral and Postdoctoral level. Since the fees of higher education is increasing day by day, Scholarships acts as a financial aid to the economically backward section students of the society, who can now dream to make a career in Engineering, Doctor, Law, etc. The blog aims to provide the list of Popular Scholarships in India for students, who want to pursue higher studies.
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research Scholarship, in short commonly known as INSPIRE Scholarship is one of the popular scholarships in India, which is offered by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Application Time: Application for the scholarship starts in the month of November every year.
- Scholarship Eligibility: The students who cleared 12th Board Exams and are ranked in the top1% students in the country, and got admission into B.Sc or Integrated M.Sc course are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Students whose name in the list of top 10,000 rank holders in JEE(Mains and Advanced) are eligible to apply for the scholarship, if they are pursuing Natural sciences or pure sciences.
- Scholarship Amount: 80,000 INR each year to 10,000 selected students.
Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA)
Initiative by Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited, Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA) Scholarship, provides financial assistance to students from economically weaker sections of the society, for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical and engineering.
- Application Time: The application for FAEA scholarship starts in May/June every year.
- Scholarship Eligibility: Those students can apply for the scholarship, who belongs to the economically backward section (SC/ST/BPL category) of the society, and have passed class 12th or are in their first year of college.
- Scholarship Amount: This scholarship is offered to 50 students, and covers the total cost of study of each student.
Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
Indian Oil Academic Scholarships are provided by the Indian Oil, to students on the criteria of merit and to students who want to pursue management, medical and engineering streams.
- Application Time: The application of Indian Oil Academic Scholarships begin in the month of July, which remains open till October.
- Scholarship Eligibility: Those students can apply for the scholarship, who have cleared 12th standard from Indian Board or ITI Diploma and are in the first year of B.Tech, MBBS, or MBA.
- Scholarship Amount: Scholarship amount is offered to 2,600 students only. For 12 and ITI: Rs 1000/month for 2years, for B.Tech and MBBS: Rs 3,000/month for 4years, and for MBA: Rs 3,000/month for 2years.
HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support
Initiative by HDFC Bank, HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support, assist students in times of calamity such as death of a parent, loss of job of the earning parent, or life-threatening illness, etc.
- Application Time: The application for HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support, starts in the month of May every year.
- Scholarship Eligibility: It is a merit-cum-need basis scholarship for students of 6th- 12th standard, with a family income >3 Lakhs per annum, or family which is presently facing a critical financial situation in the past 2 years.
- Scholarship Amount: The Scholarship amount is offered to 1,000 students each year. For School: Rs. 10,000 or Tuition fee, whichever is lower, and For College:Rs. 25,000 or tuition fee, whichever is lower.
Apart from the above-mentioned popular Scholarships in India, some of the other major institutions that offers scholarships to the students for higher education, are:
- Canara Bank Scholarships
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
- Aditya Birla Scholarship
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited Scholarship
- Ratan Tata Trust Awards Scholarship
- OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarships (OJEMS)
- Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship Fund
- ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
Hope the blog has helped in providing the list of popular scholarships for Indian students, who can apply to the scholarships, which are an effective way to study in the dream college, that can help students enhance knowledge and provide them great career benefits.