Trestle scaffolds are movable devices used to support platforms. They are used in construction projects to provide a working space for bricklayers, plasterers, and painters. Using a trestle scaffolding is one right way of limiting the costs of support equipment and allowing workers to complete projects on time.
An experienced professional can erect and take down the structure in successive phases to ensure safety and structure stability. And as the height of the trestles increase, only a competent person can determine and adjust the load capacity of the supporting lateral beams and the whole framework.
The Components of a Trestle Scaffolding
There are various components used to create a sturdy trestle scaffolding. These components form the framework and the platform, which is used to haul items and create floor workers can use.
- Bandstands. This component is used with the scaffold board to provide a safe platform for workers.
- Aluminum trestle ladders. The trestle ladders are vertical and sloping shaped triangular ladders used to support the trestle platform.
- Handrail system. The trestle handrail system provides a safety harness to prevent workers from falling over. They are made with end panels, the ladder brackets, double post brackets, outriggers, toe board clips, and the mini panels.
- Plank locking device. The plank locks serve to keep the joints connected in one place. They provide stability and sturdiness to the platform and prevent the dangers of the planks being pushed away.
- Trestle stay. The trestle stay holds the scaffolding system in place, proving the structural stability and strengthens the joints of the framework.
Read More: 3 Ways to Win More Construction Bids
What a Trestle Scaffold Should Accomplish in Your Construction Project
Scaffolds provide an ideal way of ensuring safety while keeping your project on time. They have been used since the early construction era, but much improved because of the advancements of science and engineering.
Trestle scaffolds should be able to maintain support for a relevant load rating required by a worker and the construction project. Edge protection installed on the barriers secure the safety of your workers and prevents accidental injuries and hazards that may arise because of the reinforcing bars.
These supporting platforms should also have a safety loading net for materials being raised onto the platform. It can include the use of a mechanism that aids in the lifting of materials. It should also be able to support manual processes like passing construction materials on the platform without putting workers at risk.
Nonetheless, the main goal of having a trestle scaffolding is to provide the needed support for your workers to complete their work on time. It prohibits accidental occurrences and ensures safety on the site.
Increase Worker Safety with the Right Construction Scaffold
Though there are many types of scaffolding, the right platform increases the safety of your workers. It prevents accidental falls and avoids injuries that can have costly insurance claims. Nonetheless, providing your workers with the ideal equipment helps to increase their productivity and keep your project deadline on time.