It is not uncommon for the testosterone levels to fall; many men will go through it. Science indicates that from the age of 30, the typical male will experience a 2% drop in the testosterone levels every year. It is a natural process but will come with specific undesirable symptoms. You may experience loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and anxiety, among others. But fortunately, there are testosterone boosters that can help bring the levels back up. Check out some of the best boosters here, but, also read on for additional information on the use of testosterone boosters.
What Is a Testosterone Booster
A testosterone booster is anything that will increase your testosterone levels. Many people have reported great success with the use of testosterone boosters. For greater success, you need to combine it with a proper diet and physical exercise. You must, however, pay attention to the list of ingredients because it may harm the body. You are better off going with those that use natural ingredients because they have fewer side effects.
Are There Any Side Effects to the Use of Testosterone Boosters
Before using any testosterone booster, you must consult your doctor. Certain ingredients may cause irreversible damage. Some that contain steroid hormones will only be given on prescription basis after the doctor has done the relevant tests. You will also need to stick to the recommended dosage to avoid any issues.
Incorrect dosage of testosterone boosters will shut down the natural production, which could have several negative repercussions. You may permanently lower your sperm count, become aggressive, experience balding and unpredictable mood swings.
Natural Testosterone Boosters
As we have already stated, natural boosters may be more beneficial to your body. You also need to incorporate the right foods, which will elevate your testosterone levels.
Some of the testosterone boosters include:-
- D-Aspartic Acid which will aid in the synthesis and release of testosterone.
- Vitamin D has a role to play in ensuring proper bone growth. It also has a link to the production of testosterone. Studies show that taking higher Vitamin D amounts for up to one year will significantly increase the amount of testosterone in the body.
- Tribulus Terrestris will help increase your libido without affecting their testosterone levels.
- Magnesium and zinc will restore your testosterone levels to than normal baseline. It will, however, not increase it to higher levels than what is normal.
- Maca – is a non-hormonal libido, and has also found significant usage among postmenopausal women. Women on contraceptives have also seen the benefits of using it. Maca helps to deal with any interactions from the contraceptives.
- Fenugreek contains 5 Alpha reductase inhibitors. You get to increase your testosterone levels while decreasing dihydrotestosterone which may have a role in low libido.
- Tongkat Ali has found usage among the Malaysians as an aphrodisiac. You will also get a mild testosterone boost and is therefore useful for anyone who has libido issues.
Testosterone boosters will help bring up your testosterone level. You, however, need to choose the right supplements, stick to the correct dosage, and seek professional advice before embarking on a treatment course.