The number of cyber attacks is increasing drastically day by day. The internet is full of attacks like Ransomware, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), malware, phishing, SQL injections, etc. causing billions of loss to the organizations.

Have you ever wondered why these organizations failed in achieving a complete security even after spending millions to strengthen their infrastructure?

The answer is- unorganized management. Yes, IT security and procedures demand its proper implementation and the most necessary is- whether everyone is following it or not.

In the world of automation here arises the need for Quality Management System Software those perfectly run in accordance with the quality standards and allows you to be self-protected against chances of getting eroded keeping your security intact.

An organization’s compliance software is used to check internal controls to ensure that standards and regulations are followed. Compliance solutions that concentrate on financial and accounting compliance requirements, help businesses simplify financial documentation, audit trails, and reporting, compliance software Australia is the number 1 workplace compliance system for small and medium enterprises to major corporations.

Here, I’m going to discuss a few myths related to the IT security and compliances stoping an organization to achieve their goal:

To be Compliance Ready, You need to have a Firewall and an IDS/IPS

As per the terms and regulations of some compliance, your company needs to practice access control and perform close monitoring.

In some cases, you may require to use perimeter control devices like VPN or a firewall. Nevertheless, don’t unnecessarily deploy NIDS everywhere if the need doesn’t arise.

As technology is advancing, coming are the new ways by which you can efficiently perform access control and monitoring to be aligned with your compliances.

It’s good if you are using NIDS or firewall solutions. But while proceeding doesn’t ignore to meet other compliance requirements like centralized privacy and authentication, NAC (Network Access Control), log analysis, network anomaly detection, and many more aspects.

Our network engineer can handle security duties in his downtime.

Information Security and Information Technology are two different advanced terms portraying distinct definitions. The person acquiring knowledge in these different domain topics definite requires to hold opposite skill sets.

A network engineer, when handling cyber-security responsibilities in his downtime period is likely to give a move to the hackers to play their game and exploit it further.

Even if you give your company the assurance of 99% secured, still you are keeping the probability of that 1% which can prove to be advantageous for the law-breakers and breachers to establish a foothold on your network security.

Take a Tip:

There is a need to appoint engineers who are made to focus on the separate areas dealing with your business’s security and networks, where you can’t afford to make a network engineer have his on the job training going on at the actual time of a breach.]

Real-Time Visibility, Impossible to Attain

Whether a business has its presence online or offline, real-time visibility is something that everybody wants to have clear insights about the business progression.

With regulatory updations and changes occurring rapidly, the network security department and compliance building teams need access and grants to the data spread entirely across the business network.

The various types and forms of data that appear need to comply with the set standards and be attested to make sure the network activities are validated well in advance adhering to the pre-defined policies and conditions.

A new compliance requirement comes to be implemented into your business where it has to undergo various assessments and tests to see whether it associates well with the new rules and policies.

Setting up compliance standards and stitching up new data processes leaves no time to see and analyze whether compliance has been achieved giving real data insights.

Compliance equals to Security

Compliance is a necessity, but it doesn’t mean to sit in the dark assuming that being fully compliant can help you proceed further with minimum risks of hacking and business losses.

Proving effective in conforming to the set standards is something considered to be negligible when seen in the eyes of the hackers where they are highly skilled and efficient in exploiting even the minute gaps to crack your security posture and walls.

There is a need to focus on being fully secured tightening the strictness towards privacy and authentication keeping compliance besides.

Insurance covers us against Breaching

It’s good to be insured at present as nobody can predict when, where and how you could be cheated or left helpless. But do you think insurance claims can easily be acquired?

Cyber insurance firms, before issuing policies to the businesses require due diligence to validate and make proper checks to gain profits. The time of today is not easy where approvals are given smoothly and even cyber insurers deny giving claims in just one go.

Insurance companies first ensure that the policyholders possess strong and powerful security programs to well transfer the policy against the business owner.

Insurance never gives 100% guarantee that you are protected and secured and has no tactics that can help recover the damage caused to your business’s reputation.