Work Safe Western Australia requires forklift operators to hold a High Risk Work License after being trained and assessed by a registered High Risk assessor at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Here, we will address some of the commonly asked questions in relation to forklift training.
Who Needs Forklift Training?
Anyone who uses a forklift are required by law to hold a national high risk license.
Are There Any Pre-Requisites to Obtaining a Forklift License?
- Operating a forklift is classified as a high risk activity that requires workers to be at least 18 years of age.
- You need a Unique Student
Identifier (USI) Number.
- If you don’t have one, you can get a USI for free within 5 minutes. Click here to create a USI
- You need to enroll and complete your forklift training through an RTO. Please note that you cannot apply for a forklift license without going through an RTO.
- You need 100 points of ID
- You need to have basic
knowledge of English (both written and verbal)
How Can You Prepare to Apply for a Forklift License?
STEP 1: First and foremost, you need to enroll in a forklift training course with a Registered Training Provider (RTO). Nara Training &Assessing in Western Australia is a RTO (4518) that offers forklift training in Perth and the South West of WA. Nara offers forklift training courses for both beginners and experienced forklift operators
STEP 2: Then, you will need to undergo training. Training is comprised of two components. The first component involves classroom training. This is be your opportunity to gain theoretical knowledge about operating a forklift. The second component involves gaining practical experience by driving a forklift. You will learn how to drive a forklift safely. If you successfully compete your written examination and practical evaluation, you will be given a Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment.
STEP 3: Nara Training & Assessing will submit your application to WorkSafe WA on your behalf. It can take up to 60 days for your High Risk Work License (HRWL) to be processed. While you wait for your license, you can use your Notice of Assessment which shows employers that you have fulfilled the requirements for obtaining a HRWL.
How Much Will Forklift Training Cost Me?
Forklift training courses vary in price depending on the experience level and location. Nara Training’s beginner Forklift training course costs $350 – $400 and experienced operator Forklift training course costs $195 to $350.
Why Choose Nara Training and Assessing for Your Forklift Training in Perth?
- Nara Training and Assessing has more than 20 years of experience delivering Forklift training courses in Western Australia. It is a nationally recognized training organisation (RTO 4518)
- Nara Training and Assessing’s trainers have more than 10 years of experience.
- Nara Training and Assessing’s forklift training course fees includes the WorkSafe fee.
- Nara Training and Assessing has purpose-built sites in Perth and Bunbury. If you are a business that requires your workers to undergo forklift training, Nara Training & Assessing can deliver on-site training. To request a quote, please contact 9722 4260.
If we have got you interested in undertaking a forklift course but you want to learn more before you commit to a course, please visit Nara Training & Assessing’s handy guide of FAQs about Forklift Trainingor speak to a one of our friendly staff members at 9722 4260.