If you go camping, you need many pieces of equipment to survive outdoors. When preparing your belongings, you can use our first time camping checklist to bring everything you need.
Camping helps family and friends connect to tighten feelings or enables you to immerse yourself in the beautiful nature and be away from the noisy streets.
So what should you bring to the camping site? Don’t worry, and we have a first time camping checklist for you. Let’s prepare everything carefully so as not to forget the things you need while enjoying the fresh, natural landscape.
- Tent and accessories (porch, carpet, etc.)
- Spare tent pegs and mallet – knock tent pegs into the ground
- Lantern and brush
- Duct tape – fix everything you need
- Electric hook up
- Furniture (chairs, tables, etc.)
- Portable Toilet – for night use or children
- Windbreak – for your privacy and no wind
- Flashlights/Headlamps – provide the lights when needed
- Trash bags – keep your place clean
- String/Cord – tie something or make a line to dry clothes
Note that you should choose a big enough tent not only for the campers but also for luggage space.
Good sleep is important for you to stay healthy and participate in outdoor activities. You can choose simple or luxurious items depending on your preferences. The list includes:
- Sleeping bag/Sheets and blankets
- Sleeping pads/Air mattresses/Camp bed – bring you more comfort and insulation at night
- Clothing – keep you warm in the cold night
- Earplugs – for someone who cannot sleep when too noisy
- Water container
- Pots/Pans/Kettle and cooking utensils
- Crockery (bowls, plates, glasses, etc.)
- Tin and bottle opener
- Wet wipes
- Low wattage appliances – use with your electric hook up
If you go to RV camping, a small portable generator is vital to power all equipment in the vehicle.
Health & Hygiene
You need to ensure health to enjoy a safe vacation.
- Prescription medications
- First aid kit – for unexpected accidents
- Sun cream and anti-bacterial handwash
- Insect repellent – especially when the trip has children
- Pocket knives and toilet paper
Let’s have a good trip
Now with this list, it’s your turn to be ready for the journey of nature discovery. Remember to take this first time camping checklist with you when shopping.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.