5- Swedish Angel Crisps Cookies Recipe :
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- sugar for rolling cookie balls
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cream together the shortening, sugars, and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls.
- Roll the balls in chopped nuts then in sugar
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
NOTE: You can also add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa to this recipe. It makes the cookies taste like brownie cookies.