Going out for your weekly shopping in these unprecedented times can be nerve-wracking for many. The fear of having caught the virus can linger in people’s minds even after taking all the necessary precautions. Opting for a doorstep delivery is not always possible because of the extra delivery charges involved. So, businesses around the UK have come up with the ‘click and collect’ service for their customers. Read on for more information on how you can click and collect your weekly groceries.
What Is ‘Click and Collect’?
‘Click and collect’ is a service provided by supermarkets and departmental stores in the wake of the pandemic to make weekly grocery shopping completely contactless for the customers in their area. You have to login to their online store and register yourself. Next, you must click on the items that you wish to purchase and select a convenient spot where you will pick up your items. You can also pick a time slot in which you will collect the items you purchased from the selected collection spot.
Businesses around the UK including the likes of Tesco groceries have started providing this service and many customers have been using it because of how convenient this makes grocery shopping. They have about 7000 locations from where you can pick up your groceries. The service is easy to use and does not cost anything extra.
Here Is How You Can Use the ‘Click and Collect’ Service
- The first step is to download the app of the ‘click and collect’ service that you wish to use or you can visit their online store.
- Then, you must register yourself with your name and address. This enables them to pick out the collection stores around you where you can easily go and collect the groceries from.
- The next part is where you click and select the items you wish to purchase.
- Then you will be shown the total price of the items you chose. You have to make your payment online for the items you purchase.
- You will then be shown a list of collection spots around you. You can pick any one that is convenient for you to reach.
- Then you can pick the time slot when you will pick up the items you purchased.
- You will receive a text or an email confirming your order and the location for you to collect your things. Now, all you have to do is go and pick up the things at the allocated time.
All you needed was your phone and you didn’t even have to step out of your home to place your order for your weekly groceries. Not just groceries you can even ‘click and collect’ clothes, furniture, homeware and electricals from Very click and collect. This method of shopping seems to be the way forward with the coronavirus pandemic still wreaking havoc around the country and the world at large. It is no surprise to see customers turning to ‘click and collect’ services to get their weekly shopping done. It is as contactless as shopping can be.
So, it is one of the safest ways to go about life. It is also very hassle-free on part of the customers who literally just have to click on the items they need from the comfort of their homes and later, drive and collect the things. Gone are the days when you would scour the shelves of a supermarket to look for the things you need and be disappointed quite often.
‘Click and collect’ services provide you a list of things that are available with a certain outlet of the grocery store or supermarket whose service you are using. You just have to go through the list and find the things you need. Make your payment and collect the things. That is all.
Groceries are daily essentials. There is no way you can go without them. So, making grocery shopping a safer experience for everyone supermarkets and department stores have come up with the ‘click and collect’ service which has become a huge hit with people around the UK as the coronavirus pandemic rages on. Using a ‘click and collect’ service has become the safest way to do your weekly shopping.