A sexy back is always in! But fat has a strange way to cling on to certain parts of your body and your back and shoulders bear the brunt most, yes that bra bulge! It looks ugly and we just wish it wasn’t there. But we just can’t wish it away, can we? We have to exercise the right way to lose the extra fat and sculpt our backs into a nice and sexy shape! Back fat exercises at home are one of the better ways of sculpting a strong back. That coupled with a healthy diet can help you get there in no time.
Best Back Fat Exercises at Home – 8 Killer Workouts
We need a combination of cardio exercises and strength training to lose the back fat in good time. Find out what will work for you and help you get into a lean and mean mode.
- Intensive Cardio Workouts – Well, you hate it or like it, you simply cannot ignore cardio workouts. They help burn extra calories and help improve cardiovascular fitness. There are exercises such as rowing, boxing, swimming works wonders for your back. Doing it 3- 4 times a day is a good start.
- Do pull-ups – Pull-ups are an excellent upper body workout that helps sculpt your shoulders and chest. You can fix right one at your home and start working out, you’ll get results soon. This is one of the most effective back fat exercises at home.
Begin with negative pull-ups as follows:
Work your entire torso with this one,
With your palms facing outwards get hold of the rod.
Slowly lower your body in a controlled way.
Get to the top of the position and repeat for 5-10 times.
Do, Full pull-ups
Begin from the bottom.
Pull up with all your might, using your shoulders and arms.
Lower yourself again in a controlled manner and repeat for about 5-10 times.
Push-ups are a great way of working your chest and sculpt a lean back. If you are a beginner, start with modified push-ups, from your knees.
- Slowly, lower your chest towards the ground, activating your back muscles.
- Use your elbows to push yourself back to the top position.
- Repeat for at least 10-20 repetitions.
- Once you get used to the push-ups, start from the plank position.
- Straight-Arm Planks
Planks are the ultimate core-strengthening exercise. The isometric exercise which works your core muscles without moving a single muscle.
- Lie on the mat with your face down, then balancing your weight on your hands and feet.
- Lift your body by focussing on your hands and feet
- Stay in this position for 15-60 seconds then rest it out.
- You can continue with this exercise 3 times.
Bridges help work your butt and help stabilize your muscles simultaneously.
- Lie down on the mat, face down.
- Bring your knees to a 90-degree angle.
- With your feet on the lift, slowly bring up your buttocks up and bring your back into straight line.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds, then lower your body to the ground.
- Do three sets and include 10-20 times in each set.
- Dumbbell row
Use medium weights, to complete the dumbbell row. This is a great workout to hit your back muscles and make it strong and supple.
- Place one knee on a bench, couch or a table and hold (3-5 pounds) weight in each of your hands, bend forward and maintain a back flat.
- Pull your arm towards you in a row motion, while you contract your upper back.
- Keep your elbow touching the sides of your body, touching one side of the body as it moves. Do, at least 12 sets and the move to your opposite arm.
- Renegade row – Another great workout that works your back muscles. Get a set of light to medium weights in your hands and start with this exercise.
- Get your body into a plank position with your arms straight under your shoulders.
- Squeeze your butt and pull your abs towards your spine.
- Hold the dumbbell in each hand.
- Start with one arm and pull the weight back into a row-like movement all the while engaging both the upper back and delts.
- Cross Jack
The cross jack move is an effective way to target your arms and legs. It is also a great way to target your arms and legs.
- We have been talking about some strength-training moves, now we can focus on some cardio routine as well.
- This is a simple exercise, almost similar to a jumping jack, but the only thing you can do is cross your arms and legs.
- Try and include as, many cross jacks you can within the 30 seconds time frame. Rest and repeat.
Well, now you know exactly how you can melt the fat off your back. Try to reduce the body fat percentage and the only way you can do it is eat right and exercise. We all know that spot reduction is a myth. Take a good look at your diet and include more, eat more fruits and veggies, fruits, protein, dairy, nuts, and seeds. Make sure you drink lots of water and stay hydrated also don’t forget to get an adequate amount of sleep, 7-8 hours no less. While exercising is important, the rest and recovery phase is as much important, if not more. And instead of always finding fault with your body, ensure you indulge in some self-love, being of a particular size is not important what is important is staying fit and healthy.