Do you feel intimidated shopping online? Want to save money and buy your favorite products online without any hassle! Then, you need to go through this “buyers guide for online shoppers”. It will help you to make the right decisions and enjoy your shopping session.
Why online shopping?
By shopping online, you can forget long lines, endless parking lots and crowded malls. Moreover, you can buy anything online ranging from gifts to groceries, insurance & finance products, etc. However, online shopping is not likely to replace window shopping that you enjoy by visiting the malls. But, if you are aware of what you are eager to purchase, then you will benefit from shopping online.
Secure & safe shopping
But you should not rush to shop from the very first shopping site that you come across. The buyers guide for online shoppers by the industry experts state that you should do proper research. Unfortunately, there have emerged several sites that are more interested in duping people. You need to be aware of such scam sites and stay away from them. But there are genuine sites that offer safe & secure shopping sessions. They witness a huge number of traffic & millions of transactions regularly.
Buyers guide for online shoppers – Steps to follow
Where to shop?
- Comparison sites: You can save both money & time simply by using special sites referred to as comparison shopping sites. Here, you are sure to find your favorite products at a throwaway price, something you will not find at the retail stores.
- Online auctions: Here you can engage in both buying/selling of goods.
- Classifieds: It is quite similar to conventional newspaper classifieds.
- Retailers & manufacturers: Large & small manufacturers & stores have launched their online outlets.
How to trust the retailer?
Get recommendations from friends & family members. Find out details about the company like phone number, street address, testimonials & reviews, registration, etc.
Get to know the return policy of the company before placing an order. Find out details about purchase returns, restocking fee, return postage payment for damaged products, etc. Also, check out if the portal has a brick & mortar address to return the transit damaged product. Different companies tend to have varying rules, which you need to understand & follow to benefit from shopping.
Online shopping experts recommend all to shoppers to try paying using their credit cards. This widely accepted payment technique does not make you liable for fraudulent or unauthorized transactions. The other option available is 3rd party payment. With this payment form, you do not have to give out your details to sellers. PayPal is another popular method used by shoppers all over the world.
This is one of the essential buyers guide for online shoppers that you need to be aware of. Once you have identified a reliable site to shop, follow the steps:
- Check out product description & price, taxes, currency, delivery costs & warranty details.
- Payment method: Cheque, credit card, PayPal, money order, etc.
- Sites with secure checkout: Online shopping sites use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) software to allow secure checkout.
- Use encryption: The shopping site needs to have a minimum of 128-bit encryption. Others may use SET (Secure Electronic Transaction) or TLS (Transport Layer Security).
- Also, check Use revExpo buyer guide to choose right product and will help to find online shoppers.
Online shoppers generally have complaints about delivery problems. Some goods may not reach their doorstep on time & may even take weeks. It might arrive damaged or not reach at all. During the purchase, find out the expected delivery time & do get hold of customer support contact details.
To be on the safe side, buyers guide for online shoppersstates you need to go through the fine print. Taking early precautions is sure to save you from further trouble. Check all given terms & conditions in the site including:
- Desired stock available in stock
- Delivery expenses
- If the online shopping company accepts cancellations & returns.
- Whether you can claim repairs or refunds
Also, know how the company handles all disputes & complaints.
Read More: Tips for a Safer Online Shopping Experience
The last & the most crucial buyers guide for online shoppers to follow are to keep track of all your online transactions. It is similar to maintaining real-world invoices & receipts. Reputed sites will send across email confirmation for all transactions made. You can also print your order for confirmation for future reference. You should also keep returning a current policy copy while making the order.
Therefore, following the above online shopping guide can help you to shop safely & get huge discounts on all purchases.