A healthy vision allows you to do your daily activities and work at your fullest potential. That’s why a regular eye checkup is essential. However, if you have blurred vision, eye strain, dryness, and other signs and symptoms, along with nausea or frequent headaches, that suggest you might need a checkup, you have to consult an eye doctor immediately.
In this post, you’ll learn the importance of finding the right eye doctor in Bonita Springs, FL to ensure you’re entrusting your vision in the hands of an expert.
Prevent the Progression of Eye Problems
The National Eye Institute highly recommends people ages 60 and above to undergo a comprehensive eye examination every year. People who are at high risk of eye diseases, like diabetic patients, should also undergo a comprehensive eye exam at least once a year.
The leading causes of blindness and gradual vision loss in old age are glaucoma and macular degeneration. Unlike a cataract that’s noticeable, these eye diseases don’t have apparent signs and symptoms until damage has been done, significantly affecting vision. This could be prevented by early detection and treatment. That’s why it’s important to find the right eye doctor. If you want to learn more about eye specialists in Bonita Springs, FL, you can start by checking https://www.quigleyeye.com.
Here’s what an eye doctor or ophthalmologist will do to prevent the progression of eye problems:
- The ophthalmologist will use a special instrument to assess the pressure inside your eyes.
- A comprehensive eye examination will be performed to check the condition of your eyes, particularly the optic nerve and retina.
- Your doctor will give you eye drops to numb and dilate the pupils to check the inside structures of your eyes.
Get Excellent Eye Services
An eye doctor can be either an ophthalmologist or an optometrist. It’s important to find the right eye doctor based on the eye service you need. An optometrist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of vision problems and some eye conditions, and can prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses. An optometrist can also prescribe low vision aids, perform vision therapy and some types of laser surgery, and provide eye care before and after eye surgery.
On the other hand, here are the services that ophthalmologists provide:
- Perform eye examinations
- Prescribe medication
- Prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Provide treatments for all types of eye diseases and injuries
- Perform eye surgeries, like lens implants, repair retinal detachments, cataract removal, and LASIK surgeries
A good eye doctor can provide you with foolproof credentials that reflect their expertise and experience. You can check the office or website for a diploma, training certifications, and membership to well-known eye-health related organizations. Usually, you’ll find information in forums or comments online referring to the best eye specialists in your local area, which can help you find the right doctor for you. You can also ask questions to the eye doctor directly for any eye condition or treatment concerns.
Improve the Quality of Life for You and Your Family
An annual eye exam is important because it doesn’t only make sure that your vision is clear, but also safeguards your overall health and wellness. By choosing the right eye doctor, you can entrust your eye health to a qualified, experienced, and reliable doctor.
Here are the benefits of having an annual exam performed by a trusted and reputable eye doctor for you and your family:
- Eye exams can help your children succeed in school by allowing them to learn inside and outside the classroom with a good vision. Because of the increased amount of time children spend looking at screens nowadays, a sure way to ensure eye health is an annual eye exam.
- Prevent nearsightedness or myopia at an early age. Myopia can put a person at a higher risk of potentially serious sight-threatening conditions in later life, such as glaucoma, retinal detachment, and cataracts.
- Visiting a good eye doctor will ensure that you and your family get more than vision screening. Remember that only a comprehensive eye examination performed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist will ensure that your vision is in excellent condition.
- Through early detection and treatment performed by a qualified and experienced eye doctor, serious eye diseases like glaucoma is prevented.
If you want to have healthy eyes and enjoy living to the fullest, you need to choose the right eye doctor. If you live in Bonita Springs, FL, you can always find an expert and experienced eye specialist to make sure you and your family have a clear and healthy vision. Get an annual eye checkup and safeguard your career, achieve your life goals, and attain excellent overall health and well-being.