IT support technicians help the people with solving computer hardware and software issues. They assist computer users through online platforms, over the call or an interview! When someone likes information technology and has creative skills, then she/he might select it as a career in future.
Content of this article:
- IT support technician information,
- Scope of practice for the IT support technician
- Working Hours
- Salary Range- In USA and Europe
- Qualifications for IT support
- ICT technician training
- Job opportunities
Scope of practice for the IT support technician:
Most of the cases, an IT support technician is assigned in an organization that requires computer and own internal database system, where most of their activities are being performed on cloud and computer system basis. The following things, they often perform –
- They may find out the computer’s faults.
- They describe possible ways of solutions and outcome to the clients.
- They Set up remotely working equipment such as scanners and printers.
- They storage of all the files and records for future understanding.
- They arrange training class for new technician,
- They Keep upto date about hardware and software,
- Sometimes, they install security system for protecting companies assets and other purposes in and outside of the organization.
- Repairing network system including desktop, laptop and making sure the servers are functioning properly,
- Protecting malware, viruses or spy software and being able to reinstall the whole functioning system.
Working hours: Most of the IT professionals work from 37 to 40 hours a week. Some IT experts work more than 40 hours, in the rostar system including evening and night duty. Sometimes, they have to visit remote official departments when IT support is required.
Salary range: The salary range could be varied from country to country. Here is the latest salary range in USA.
Sometimes, it depends on level of experiences as follows: (In European countries)
|Level of experience||Annual pay|
|Newly qualified IT support technicians||£18,000-£22,000|
|Experienced IT support technicians||£22,000- £30,000|
|Senior IT support technicians||Over £30,000|
Source: National Careers Service.
Qualifications for it support:
- Complete a qualification in information technology, or information technology support, such a Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50115) or a Bachelor of Information Technology. …
- Consider obtaining practical, hands-on experience with a support technician certification, such as CompTIA A+
In order to become an IT technician, you should have vast knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and different types of software with pros and cons in details. Some of the courses are available for others people as follows:
- Level 1Certificate in PC Maintenance
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in ICT Systems Support
- Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
ict technician training:
There are many technicians available working hard without having any organizational recognition. If you have working experiences with ICT support equipment or use ICT for elsewhere, you could gain official recognition for your hard working.
Job Opportunity :
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) stated that, there is going to be an increased demand of 12 percent between 2014 and 2024. Professionals who focus on technical assistance will have a bright future. Finally, there will be over 24,000 jobs available for science and engineering technicians within the next six years. This is a large number, which should encourage all prospective IT technicians to continue working toward obtaining the required qualifications.
As the technology has been growing very fast, many organizations, school, college, university have been digital meant computer and online based, therefore, this IT sector could be one of the best leading professionals in near future.