- Are you aware how your brand logo can become the single most important recall factor for your business?
- Do you know how you can create the best company logo to create identification, pique interests and give your business exposure?
- Have you tried listening to YouTube videos and webinars to get a proper idea but have been let down or confused?
Whenever we think of iconic brands, the first thing, which immediately props up in our heads is of their logo. Apple, McDonalds, Burger Kings, Facebook, Instagram, etc. all have logos, which we relate to and identify.
The excited among us also try to do our research as to how these icons narrowed down on their legendary designs. The stories are not only interesting, but also show how much thought and effort these companies spent on their logo designs. Plus, with the help of logo design companies or designers, these brands wouldn’t have the unique and memorable logos we know them for today.
In this article, we are going to help businesses, both big and small to design their ideal logo. However, before we do, let us first look at some of the major benefits of having the right logo for a business.
Why a Logo matters for your Brand’s Growth and Success?
The humble company logo is more important than you think. According to turbologo having the right logo can take your company to great heights. Working with the wrong one can stagnate your growth massively. Let us look at some of the major advantages of having a great logo design-
- It helps in improving brand recall and identification among target audiences and the industry.
- The company’s products and services also get an identification according to the logo representation.
- It helps in setting your business apart from the competitors operating in the same industry or niche.
- A logo also acts as a binding force among your employees and give them something to feel proud about their place of work.
- It is the foundation of all your company’ branding, marketing, sales, publicity and offline-online activities.
5 Steps to Design the Best Logo for your Brand
In this section, we are going to look at five easy steps, which a business needs to follow to design the best company logo.
1. Research and References-
This is probably the most important step when designing a company logo. In many ways, this step gives the entire process a direction. It is important to research all your competitors in the industry and analyse their logos. See which ones are good, and which ones you should not take inspiration from. It is important to invest a lot of time, energy and effort at this crucial step.
2. Selecting the Font, Colour and Design Type-
Do you think an animated logo works best for you or a formal one? This is the step where your design need and the higher management needs to sit together in order to select the font type, the size and the colour scheme. It is best to have at least ten logo variations to begin with and follow an elimination process to come to an ideal selection.
3. Aligning the Business and Product with the Logo-
If you want your audiences to understand what your business is about immediately, you can create a logo, which represents your business. This means having a design element, which corresponds to your product or service. This is why tire manufacturers have a road or a tread pattern to make consumers aware of what they sell and are all about.
4. Giving the Design Team Freedom to work-
Many people, who do not understand the design process, always seem interested in giving stupid inputs to the design team. This can be counter-productive in many ways. It can lead to a delay in the design process, as well as cloud the creativity of the design team. In this step, it is always better to let the design work to the experts.
5. Register, Patent or Copyright the Logo-
Even if you are a small company, it is important to protect your brand symbols. You might never know how big you are going to get in the future. Many companies make the mistake of not doing this and live to regret the decision years into the future. Having legal protection for your brand symbols is essential.
The Final Word
It is important the businesses give due attention to their logos. Giving proper time and allocating the right resources can help you create a brand pillar, which will last well into the future. What are some of the best company logos in your opinion? Let us know in the comments below.