Though Windows 10 is the latest and the most powerful edition, you may still face some difficulties when it comes to updating graphics drivers. It is understandable that if you face some problems with Intel HD Graphics driver, you won’t be able to enjoy high-resolution videos or online games. Furthermore, your computer may run slower if your drivers aren’t updated. Nevertheless, all these issues can easily be fixed when you update graphics drivers.
You should keep in mind that there are three effective ways allowing you to do that. However, you should test which way can work in your particular situation. But first, let’s find out what is a device driver? So get comfortable and have a look!
Device Driver: Definition
It is the software, which helps your computer or laptop communicate with the hardware. Simply put, it is a kind of software controlling a hardware part, which is attached to your computer. There are two driver types:
- Kernel device drivers (they are a part of the operating system)
- User device drivers (they are usually brought by users to their computers).
So, how can you update your graphics drivers? What should you do? Follow our step-by-step guide.
Update Intel HD Graphics Driver Manually
If you don’t trust automatic updates, you can do this manually. In this case, you need to go to Intel’s website and find the necessary driver. This process is time-consuming. Furthermore, you also need to double check whether you use the right version. If you install the wrong drivers, you may experience some issues. After that, you need to do the following:
- Open the installer file (.exe);
- Open Control Panel;
- Pick Device Manager icon among all small icons;
- Open Display adapters (right click on it and choose Update Driver);
- You’ll see a window with a question ‘How do you want to search for drivers?’ You need to choose the second variant ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Click Browse and just follow all the instructions that were offered by a computer.
After you find the right drivers, you’ll spend a few minutes to download them.
Use Windows Update
This is a second option, which you can use to successfully update graphics drivers on Windows 10. Follow this instruction:
- Open the Start Menu;
- Choose Settings;
- Choose Update and Security and click on it;
- After that, you should choose Windows Update and check for possible updates. This process usually takes around two minutes.
- When the link shows that updates are available for downloading, you should press the ‘Install updates’ button. If there’s no link, it means that there are no updates for your computer.
This method is the fastest and the most popular one among Windows users. You don’t have to spend your precious time finding updates manually. Just a few clicks and your drivers are updated!
Update Graphics Drivers Automatically Using Driver Update Tools
If you aren’t a tech-savvy user and you don’t have spare time to immerse in all peculiarities of updating drivers, you can choose an alternative method. At the current time, there are lots of driver updater apps for Windows 10. All you have to do is to download the software you need and install it on your device. The key mission of such tools is to keep all your drivers updated without bothering you. As a result, the process of updating drivers will be easier and more effective.
The modern market is teeming with a plethora of free tools. They allow you to download drivers right within the program. Have a look at the most popular driver updates among users:
- Driver Booster. It is a worthy tool allowing you to speed up the process of updating drivers. The software doesn’t set limits on the number of driver downloads.
- DriverPack Solution. The key benefit of the software is the capability to download drivers even when your device is offline. All downloads can be performed in a matter of seconds but unfortunately, the software doesn’t allow you to schedule your scans.
- Snappy Driver Installer. It is a freeware tool, which is completely portable. Besides, the software also supports offline driver installations. However, it doesn’t allow you to schedule your downloads.
- Drivers Cloud. The main distinctive feature of the application is that it allows you to see only WHQL certified updates and provides you with detailed information about the drivers before you download them.
It’s up to you to decide what particular method to choose. All of them are effective and allow you to update graphics drivers successfully.