The changing innovation in the domain of medical devices has lead to new Coil Winding Technology that has replaced the traditional technologies. Though there are many reasons for the replacement, yet the need for the growing miniaturized medical devices have led to customized winding technology.
The micro-coils are ultra-thin wires that have a thickness less than that of the thickness of the human hair. The coils are used to provide inductive effects and efficient connectivity over a wide range of medical devices.
Yet, the customization needed for such kind of micro-coil technologies needs various check parameters. The material that is used as the micro-coil plays a major role and it depends on the application of the devices.
Different types of materials used
Over a wide range of materials are used for the micro-coil technology. The micro-coils can be made up of copper, aluminum, stainless steel, and other precious metals. Above all the other elements, copper is widely used since its durability is unmatched. Moreover, the chemical properties of the copper make it easy to form alloys of different kinds.
Let us look into the advantages that different materials provide over the other:
· Copper: The medical industry needs miniaturized devices that can sustain within the human body under extreme conditions. Though silver has better conductivity than copper, yet the durability and excellent conductivity of copper give it an upper hand. The reliability of the copper makes it popular for medical applications.
· Stainless steel: As the name suggests, the steel is free from corrosion and resistant to heat. Highly strong and light in weight, they find applications in the cryotherapy treatments. In environments where chances of corrosion are high, stainless steel devices find applications.
· Aluminum: The downside of using aluminum wires are the economic value. The added costs lead to the extensive costs of manufacturing. It is the reason why their usage is less, though they produce lightweight devices.
· Precious metals: In the cases of implants in the body, the use of gold and silver becomes extensive. Reasons being highly durable, free from corrosion and resistant to chemicals. The reduction in the resistance of the precious metals makes it important to be used only during specific applications.
· Titanium: If you are paying huge paycheques to your dentist, this could be the primary reason. Finding the major application in the field of dentistry, the titanium is highly prone to corrosion, lacks any form of magnetic properties and has extensive strength, which makes it the best for dentistry applications.
Growing micro-coil industry
With the growing demand for micro-coil technologies, it becomes important to have the devices made of micro-coil. Seeking out for credible manufacturers also becomes important. As the uses are medical in nature, high-quality standards are to be maintained. One of the advantages that micro-coil winding provides is the freedom to customization in terms of material requirements. Producing components that match the requirements along with the selection of right material of your choice becomes important. The right vendor ensures that these parameters are checked thoroughly before handing over the medical device.