In This List find the 5 Best Meat Appetizers, these Meat Appetizers is easy to prepare, so enjoy:
1. Shrimp Cocktail:
- 10 cups cold water
- 2 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 bunch parsle
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, in the shell, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Cocktail Sauce, recipe follows
- Lemon wedges
- Put the water, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, lemon, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to a simmer, set a cover on top slightly ajar, and cook for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Drop the shrimp into the liquid and turn off the heat. Cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally, until they curl and turn pink, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes for medium shrimp, 3 minutes for large ones. Drain and cool to room temperature. Peel the shrimp and remove the vein along the curve of the shrimp, if desired. Refrigerate if not serving right away. If refrigerated, bring the shrimp to room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
- To serve put the cocktail sauce in a medium bowl and surround with the shrimp, or loop the shrimp over the edge of an individual cocktail glass and top with the sauce. Garnish with the lemon and serve.
Optional Tip: To de-vein the shrimp before cooking, hold a shrimp between the thumb and forefinger with the rounded side of the shrimp upward.
- Place the pointed end of
a wooden skewer at the junction of the second and third segments of the shrimp shell, about 1/8-inch down from the top.
- Gently push the skewer through the shell and then lift up to remove the vein.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish, or to taste, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Combine the ketchup, lemon zest and juice, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Add hot sauce, if desired. Mix well, then refrigerate until ready to serve
2. Good and Spicy Meatballs:
A sweet and tangy tomato sauce drapes over these hearty meatballs. Serve them over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- 2 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®
- 2 tablspoons ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal, the 2 tablespoons ketchup and egg. Mix in ground beef. Shape in 1 1/4-inch meatballs. Place in single layer, in shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until browned.
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add meatballs. Continue cooking 15 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.
3. Serrano Ham with Crusty Tomato Bread:
For this classic tapas morsel, sweet and garlicky tomato spread is the perfect companion for thin slices of salty, dry-cured Spanish ham. Plum tomatoes are called for because they contain less water and therefore have a more intense flavor when they are slow-roasted.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons garlic oil, (see Note), divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole-grain baguette, cut into 24 slices, or 12 pieces whole-grain bread, cut in half
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham, (about 24 slices; see Note)
- To prepare tomatoes: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with some oil, some oregano and salt. Roast for 2 hours. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the tomatoes and transfer (with juices) to a serving bowl.
- To serve tapas: Shortly before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and brush with some of the remaining garlic oil. Bake until slightly crispy, but not hard, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly. To serve, arrange the bread on a large platter with ham and the bowl of tomato mixture for spreading.
Notes: Serrano ham is full-flavored, savory dry-cured ham made from specific breeds of white pigs. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets, specialty stores or online at tienda.com.
4. Sloppy Joe Bites Recipe :
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Keebler® Town House Toppers® Original Crackers OR Keebler® Town House Toppers® Multi-Grain
- In non-stick Dutch oven cook onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same Dutch oven cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off any fat. Stir in vegetable mixture, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 25 to 30 minutes or until very thick, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of meat mixture on top of each cracker. (Or, transfer to serving bowl and serve with crackers).
5- Chili Chicken Appeteasers Recipe :
- 4 medium nectarines or peaches
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 teaspoons Thai garlic-chili sauce or chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Cut the nectarines into quarters and remove the pits. Carefully scoop out some of the fruit, leaving a 1/4-inch border inside the peel. Chop the scooped-out portion of nectarines.
- In a medium bowl combine the chopped nectarine, shredded chicken, garlic-chili sauce, and cilantro. Spoon about 1
- Rounded teaspoon of chicken mixture onto each nectarine wedge. Makes 16 appetizers.