Brothel is a house or a place where men visit for satisfying their sexual pleasure. Brothels contain sex workers who are always ready for fulfilling the customers’ needs. They are known by the term prostitute. These organizations are considered to be illegal in some countries while legal in others. In countries where they are categorised as an illegal business, the brothel authorities accomplish their business under different names such as bars, massage longue, clubs, etc.
Should prostitution be legalized? In that case, what shall be the future of a brothel?
According to certain social theories, prostitution should be legalized, whereas some countries argue that they actually tarnish the reputation of any society. There have been cases where the girls or ladies are forced into this flesh trade, and the rate of illegal trafficking has increased to an alarming extent in many countries. Brothels operate all over the world, and they bring sex workers of any age and any criterion. Some of these are legalized whereas some are illegal. You can choose the brothels according to your preferences and budget, but you must make certain whether these are authorized or not. This is because there must be an age limit where the ladies start working in brothels.
Some of the recent case studies about International Women’s Rights and their justifications, have also revealed, how girls from the black countries are made to be part of the slave trade by many white nations, and in the long run, how these girls have committed suicide, or set fire to themselves, to get rid of the life of squalor in a brothel. In many cases, they have even delivered babies whose paternal origins are unknown, and children from brothels are not accepted as part of the mainstream community due to their bad history.
Some of the reasons why in some countries, persons working in brothels are not given status of a legal worker are those:
- Any type of prostitution brings ill repute and tarnishes the name and fame of that country. If there are other sources of income, then the income drawn from the brothels are taken as negative ones according to the gross domestic national income of any country.
- Brothels create a hindrance to proper social security as they create a suitable platform for girls and ladies to be exploited by men. There are cases where prostitutes are beaten upon, or they become victims of unfair and unscientific and perverted sexual activities.
- There are also brothels, where males disguise themselves as females, and most of these are unregistered ones. So when you try to get an appointment for a day or some hours, make sure that the brothel is registered, as they often cheat men by presenting males who are dressed as females.
- In most of the traditional brothels, there is no proper hygienic solution maintained for the customers, and many males are there who carry the seeds of sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS and Syphilis, where they in turn, affect other males and females in the society. The worst fact is that, there are cases where even small children are forced to enter into flesh trade and they are made to serve elder men inside brothels. This makes them pregnant untimely, their childhood is lost, and they even die of diseases which have no possible cure.
- Sometimes the brothels become just units of pleasure and there are many women, who cheat on their spouses and work as sex workers in brothels to earn some extra income.
Different government bodies and non-governmental organizations try to bring back girls and young ladies out of brothels to give them a better life but this reconstruction is never easy, and brothels were traditionally there, and they will stay even in future as a place of entertainment for thousands of people.