Whenever your followers, audience, and/or clients accomplish any of the actions on your website towards a sale, such actions are known as conversions. These actions tell you about your clients’ activities; including when they have bought your product, given your company a call, downloaded/installed your application, and/or logged into your online business website.
If you really want to drive better conversions for your retail business, then call tracking is necessary. A call tracking system is simple; however, it’s capable of taking your business to the next level. The system involves data that leads to better conversions¾and ultimately, better sales. Let’s take closer look.
The Relationship Between Conversions and Call Tracking
Most retailers have a tendency to close their eyes to the system of call tracking. Although it is true that the online presence of your business is essential to survive in the technologically advanced time of today, it is important to avoid overlooking the data and analysis of the calls that your company receives.
Leads, information, and conversions are all generated through the channel of incoming calls. In the present time of hi-tech advancements, mobile phones are functioning like computers but still they’re phones and many people prefer using call buttons instead of clicking on ads.
Various search engines have made reading, reaching, and using websites a lot easier. For instance, Google allows people to read and reach web pages through their smartphones. This means that all your clients (existing as well as future) can seek your company’s contact number via several sources, all while using their phones.
Call tracking becomes sensible as your customers tend to give you calls in real-time from anywhere they go with their mobile phones.
A few of the reasons that customers decide to make phone calls are:
- Customers dislike wasting time while filling out any online forms
- Customers have doubts about the security/privacy of providing their email addresses
- Customers prefer to talk to a real person
- Customers may have specific complaints, queries, and/or recommendations for the products and services you offer
Via call tracking, you can assess whether your conversions were pulled in through:
- Newspaper Ads
- Magazine Ads
- Online Ads
- Bill Boards
or from any other sources where your contact number was listed.
Such knowledge is necessary to figure out the success of your business/marketing plan. This information is helpful in providing your ROI (return on investment) data that is helpful in reformulating your business/marketing strategies.
In addition to that, call tracking knowledge is essential for you in allocating budgets, earnings, and savings. If you have not generated conversion leads, then it indicates that some of your business endeavours have failed. Having no call tracking data and analysis, it becomes difficult for you to figure out what has driven your business’s success thus far.
Why Are Conversions Significant?
Keeping the above discussion in mind, we understand why/how call tracking data and analysis helps to drive better conversions. Now, we’re going to explore why conversions are significant for retail efforts and what information they can provide to help improve any marketing or business plan.
- Phone Calls – conversions provide data showing which calls are placed through which medium. In simpler words, whether the calls are placed through your ads, or through your web page. They also tell you about the number of clicks that your customers did on your web page. Such information is necessary to detect and grow in specific potential areas.
- Website Actions – You will get to know about the purchases, logins, and several other actions completed by your customers on your web page.
- Application Installs and In-Application Actions – through conversions, you will get the know-how of your application installs by your clients. In addition, conversions also tell you about the activities of your clients within your application, such as the purchases they make.
Understanding the Fone Dynamics of your business¾like call tracking¾is critical for all online retailers to achieve their business and marketing objectives. While keeping track of who is calling, you can check conversions for your campaign, keywords, ads, and ad groups. With this data, you will be able to understand how your marketing strategy is helping you accomplish your business objectives and goals.