In today’s world, more and more people have laminate floors for their homes. These floors give the desired shine and polish to your floors, and you can easily clean and maintain the laminate floors.
Benefits of installing laminate flooring in your home:
- These floors are versatile and are very easy to maintain
- They are reasonably priced
- These come in planks that are in convenient 4 foot strips rather than the 8 or 10 feet long hardwood planks. These also come in various sizes in tile form.
- These floors can simulate the appearance of natural hardwood materials. Some can mimic natural stone or even ceramic flooring.
- The benefits of installing laminate flooring in your home extend to cleaning. This is relatively easy as all that is needed is sweeping or vacuuming of the floor so that dirt and grit can be removed.
You can easily install laminate flooring and laminate gives an aesthetic value to your home:
- Quick and easy installation is one of the major benefits of installing laminate flooring in your home. The installation can even be a do it yourself project. All that is needed is underlayment material and over that the planks or the tiles are to be snapped on.
- Another of the benefits of installing laminate flooring in your home is that it can be installed on any and every type of floor. All that needs to be taken care of is the moisture barrier and ensuring that water is to be prevented. This saves a lot of hassle, time and energy as the old flooring need not be removed before this is installed.
- The laminate flooring is resistant to discoloration and the wear layer protects the flooring from smudges and stains due to mud and dirt. Fading because of UV light exposure too is prevented.
- The benefits of installing laminate flooring in your home also extends to resisting of bacteria and mold and thus it is safer and a healthier alternative
- As these laminate floorings are interlocked and adhere to each other, the material can contract and expand based on the temperature and pressure and so it does not snap against the subfloor.
What are the features of laminate floors?
- Laminate floors are not made of real wood.
- They are stain, scratch and fade resistant.
- They come in 3 types: With glue, glue less floating ones and factory prelude floors.
- There are various moldings and trims which are available for these floors.
- These floors can be used anywhere in the home. They can be used even over heated concrete slabs.
- They do not need to be waxed or polished.
- They can be easily repaired.
- They require padding under the planks so they can move freely.
When it comes to costs, you can rely on the laminate floor for your home decoration:
- It is cheaper than having a carpet and costs half what a hardwood floor costs.
- It can stand 1200 pounds of pressure in each square inch
- It does not need to be nailed or glued but it floats on the existing floor so it can be laid on top of most surfaces.
- It doesn’t absorb dust so is easier to maintain and healthier
Finally, a laminate floor made of sustainable pine trees and wood waste which otherwise would have ended up being burnt or dumped into landfills. So many people are now installing laminate floors in their home for different reasons.