If you feel that your eye makeup needs an extra pop, or are just sick and tired of having to apply mascara every day, chances are you’ve already ventured into the world of false lashes. These handy beauty hacks have come a long way since they started, and the sticky, spider-legged horrors are (thankfully) a thing of the past.
Despite these advancements, applying false eyelashes can become an arduous process, especially if you like to wear them every day. Individual lashes and extensions can offer a longer lasting, semi-permanent alternative, which keeps your lashes looking luscious for longer!
A striking look is achieved with a good eyeliner and a good mascara, however, sometimes the length and thickness of the eyelashes are not enough. A look often is achieved thanks to the extensions of eyelashes, that’s why celebrities have fallen to lash extensions, like many of you.
The look is a weapon of seduction for women, and thanks to the extensions of eyelashes, which have been a sensation since its appearance, you can look spectacular in a few minutes and forever.
If you have already decided to place them, it is necessary to analyze the thickness, length, and a number of tabs you have in mind to get the effect you want. And is that the purpose of this treatment, helps to have a more intense look and duration is approximately three to four weeks.
Contrary to their name, individual eyelashes are synthetic eyelashes which are grouped in threes. These are then applied either to the eyelid, or directly to the eyelash with temporary glue, and are designed to last up to three weeks.
The Pros: This is a faster option – the application time is usually less than 30 minutes, and the process is quick and straightforward to complete. This option also tends to be a cheaper and more budget-friendly version.
The Cons: The weight of multiple lashes can be heavy, and your natural lash can struggle to support the weight. It can be harmful to apply the cluster to more than one lash: naturally, our eyelashes grow at different speeds, so the weight distribution is uneven. A natural lash which grows faster runs the risk of pulling one which is slower. If this is repeated over some time, there is a risk of permanent damage to the hair.
Eyelash extensions are attached by applying one lash extension to one natural eyelash, using a permanent adhesive. Maintenance is required every three to six weeks, and this can offer an undetectable and lightweight enhancement.
The Pros: The extension is directly applied to the natural lash, not the eyelid. Natural eyelashes shed every 60 to 90 days, and so the extension is naturally and painlessly removed, with no risk of damage to the root.
The Cons: This can be a more expensive and time-consuming option.
Which Is Best?
Whether you decide to go for extensions or individual lashes is an entirely personal choice, and may depend on several factors:
- Budget: If you’re on a lower budget, or are planning to wear the lashes for a short time or one-off event, individual lashes are your best option, as they’re cheaper and faster to apply.
- Lifestyle: How often are you planning to wear the lashes? If you enjoy the look of enhanced eyelashes on a daily basis, extensions are a safer and less damaging choice. They put less pressure on your eyelid and natural lashes, reducing the risk of baldness and hair loss.
- Appearance: It may just come down to personal preference; perhaps you prefer the way extensions look and feel over individual lashes.
Advantages Of Eyelash Extensions
If you want a look often this is definitely your option. Also, you will not have to worry too much about highlighting them.
- A natural aspect By placing each extension on each tab you get a very natural effect as if it were a single tab.
- It helps you to enlarge the eye and get it to increase the thickness and length without the need of mascara.
- They can always be carried. There is no problem in carrying them always because it does not harm the growth of the natural eyelash. Of course, they need to place well.
- Place them in simple. It takes about a 1.30 hours to get set on eyes. Maintenance is recommended every two or three weeks to keep them perfect. The eyelashes have a life cycle, and every 6 weeks we renew them, so your extensions will be falling little by little.
- They can be used at any time. The pool or the sea, contrary to what many say is not a problem for eyelash extensions.
- It is a non-surgical treatment. It is semi-permanent, its duration has an approximate of about 2 or three weeks, it also depends on the care of each person.
- Best of all, it simplifies your makeup routine.
No matter your preference, it’s important to do your research and find a salon and technician who is experienced, reliable and makes you feel comfortable throughout the process.