The idea of roman blinds is popular for window coverings. There are various reasons for this and one of the main things is that it is highly beneficial for the windows. It is a window covering used to block the rays of the sun. The contemporary styled homes are using it more for aesthetic beauty. The regular blinds used are just thin strips that are made of wood plastic or aluminum. The roman blinds are a bit different as they a combination of a curtain and a blind. It has the feature of separate panels. This made of fabric that is attached to a rod or slats. The panels stack o the top when it is raised and gets separated when it is lowered.
Is it stylish?
Yes, the roman blinds are stylish. They are available in different colors and styles and even the materials that are used for these blinds is different that makes it look more beautiful. The different brands available are given in competitive prices. It has got a property that is called as thermal insulation. This depends upon the color and the material used to manufacture these blinds. The blinds have the feature of different levels of light diffusion and transparency. The blinds are seen in a gentle pleated finish or even a flat panel effect.
What are the specific features?
- The unique feature of these roman blinds is that it has highest combination of heat and light control. It is able to control the privacy of the residents and outside viewing. This feature is highly user-friendly and allows control over environment.
- The collection of these blinds is available in many of ranges of fabric. There are about 6 to 8 colors in each range. The fabric has got its own specifications which are there in sample book.
- The non-stitch groove system that is a specific feature in these blinds is remarkably elegant. The fabric is straight when supported by aluminum batter. This fabric specially does not have anything as pin-hole stitching. This type of stitching is avoided in blackout fabric that improved the aesthetics of the blinds.
- The components used are mostly roman white. Sometimes, it is stainless steel control or cord with the same color of the fabric. The bottom rails of the blinds are wrapped uniquely with fabric so that it gives a decorative look with a co-ordinated finish.
- It is common in office building where the roman blinds are motorized with a wide range of quality motors. It also can be installed in homes with automated systems.
- These blinds are fitted tightly with the blackout
- Fabrics in the window recess. This gives an effective look and prevents the transmission of heat through the windows. This ultimately enhances optimum energy performance.
Difference between roller and roman blinds
The style of the windows differs from one house to the other. This is due to the space restrictions. It may also be the design for windows. There are also roller blinds that would be a perfect choice if you have decided to fix the blind inside the recess. This will help to maximize daylight during the day. It is unlike the roman blinds that will block both the natural light as well as the outside view. The biggest benefit with roman blinds is that the amount of pattern is clearly seen irrespective of the fact that the blind is up or down. The fabric that is chosen with a pattern is the most important part of the design scheme.
These blinds are more helpful to dress your window that is much better than the roller blinds. It is ideal to place roman blinds outside the window recess.