From indigestions to stomach bloating, many people suffer from stomach problems but are not sure what is affecting them. The discomfort that comes with these problems is severe and requires you to seek medical attention. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you may be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Cypress irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) specialists ensure they diagnose and treat your condition.
At GastroDoxs, the team of specialists led by Bharat Pothuri, MD, provides relief and treatment to your problems and helps you regain your everyday lifestyle. Call their office today or make an online booking and start your journey to regain your health.
Overview of IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)usually affects the large intestine. IBS comes with Signs and symptoms such as cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea or constipation.
The signs and symptoms of IBS are different in people, and they include:
· Abdominal pain or bloating.
· Changes in how regularly you have a bowel movement.
· Changes in the appearance of bowel movements.
· An increase in stomach gas or mucus in your stool.
When to See a Doctor
See your doctor if your symptoms persist and in case you experience these symptoms regularly:
· Weight loss.
· Diarrhea at night.
· Rectal bleeding.
· Iron deficiency anemia.
· Unexplained vomiting.
· Difficulty swallowing.
· Persistent pain that is not relieved by passing gas or a bowel movement.
Causes of IBS
Some of the causes include:
· Muscle contractions in the intestine which are strong causing bloating and diarrhea.
· The nervous system is poorly coordinated, causing body reactions in the digestion process.
· Severe infection caused by bacteria leading to diarrhea.
· Early life stresses tend to affect people who are stressed, especially from their childhood.
· Changes in gut microbes that reside in the intestines making your health intact.
What Triggers IBS
Symptoms of IBS can be triggered by:
· Food- The role of food allergy or intolerance in IBS is not fully understood. A true food allergy rarely causes IBS. Some experience severe IBS symptoms when they eat or drink certain foods or beverages, including wheat, dairy products, citrus fruits, beans, cabbage, milk, and carbonated drinks.
· Stress- During stressful times, people with IBS syndrome experience more symptoms.
You are likely to experience IBS syndrome if you:
· Are young- IBS is more common in people under age 50.
· Are female- Estrogen therapy before or after menopause pauses as a risk factor for IBS.
· Have a family history of IBS- Genes may play a role, as they may share factors in a family’s environment or a combination of genes and environment.
· Internalizing Disorders- Experiencing anxiety and depression.
Your doctor will examine to see any availability of these symptoms:
· Weight loss.
· Rectal bleeding.
· Nausea or recurrent vomiting.
· Abdominal pain, especially if it is not related to a bowel movement or occurs at night.
· Persistent diarrhea or awakens you from sleep.
· Anemia related to low iron.
Live a lifestyle free from discomfort caused by IBS by visiting GastroDoxs and be treated. The team of specialists will not only offer treatment but also help you live a better lifestyle. Call their office today or book a consultation through the online platform.