One of the most effective ways to maintain a stress-free day is to keep a playlist on your phones and listen to them during your break. People find it more convenient to stream music on websites than on apps, since no storage is needed and it is compatible with all devices.
If you still want the traditional way of listening to music, you can use YouTube to MP3 Shark to download music from YouTube to your phone. Otherwise, you’ll want to check out these five websites that are perfect for streaming free music.
It is important to note that while these websites offer free music, you’ll need internet access and you’ll hear ads somewhere during the stream.
One of the most famous websites for streaming free music is Spotify. You probably heard the name because of the prominent ads going around the internet. Spotify is a mobile-friendly website that aims mobile users who have a passion for music.
Spotify is a platform for different users that allows them to create their own playlist and shared publicly. Some of its features include:
- New account needed to start streaming
- Free accounts have limited access to its features
- Offers a 30-day free trial on its Premium Version
- Recommends songs and genres after a while, based on your frequently listened music
- You can search specific songs that you want to listen, aside from existing playlists
- Connects to Facebook to share your playlist and view friends’ playlists
2. Google Play Music
Google has lived up to its name to have various apps that users find its performance as satisfactory. As with all the Google apps, you can access Google Play Music with any of your existing Google accounts. Google Play Music is compatible with desktop and mobile browsers for easy access.
The main advantage of Google Play Music is that you can log in immediately using your Google account without having the hassle of creating a new one.
Some of its features include:
- Store up to 50,000 songs and up to 300 MB per song
- Connect up to 10 devices to your account
- “I’m Feeling Lucky” feature, which plays a playlist of similar genre based on your frequently listened music
- Available for select countries and user accounts only
- Extension app for Google Chrome users
SoundCloud is a music streaming website that only a few people know about but has a basic user interface. You can easily navigate through the website and communicate with other users using their website. One unique feature is that you can buy SoundCloud followers to keep them updated with your uploads and keep you updated with theirs.
SoundCloud is currently compatible with desktop and mobile browsers that keep you updated with new and upcoming songs. Some of its features include:
- No account needed to stream music
- Multiple devices can connect to your account and listen to different songs simultaneously
- Personal music files can be uploaded to your account
- Comment sections are enabled on the website
- Shows a playback pop-up media player on your desktop browser
- No ads on the duration of the music, only after or before it’s playing
4. Slacker Radio
When you think radio stations have died, you should think again. There are still a lot of people listening to radio stations and love the way they keep their listeners interested. Slacker Radio is one of the most famous websites that adapt to the nature of radio stations but only streams music online.
Not all online radio stations stream music continuously, but you can create your own playlist to listen to your favorite songs non-stop. Some of its features include:
- New account is needed to start streaming
- Free user account has minimal features
- Automatically play a station after logging in
- Manage an existing station by clicking dislike on a song that you don’t want to listen
People have been listening to famous music streaming websites for a long time and are hesitant to try new ones. One of these latest music streaming websites is iHeartRadio, which is known for its no-commercial breaks. This website supports desktop and mobile browsers, as well as the latest mobile phone versions.
It may not be the most famous music streaming website, but users definitely love its simple user interface and basic design. Some of its features include:
- No account needed to start streaming
- You can use Google and Facebook accounts to log in to the site
- Has visual advertisements, but no audio advertisements
- Streams news and podcasts aside from songs
- Sleep timer can be enabled to stop playing after the specified time
- Songs can be configured to become your alarm on desktop and mobile devices
The Bottom Line
Different websites offer unique services to users, and it is your responsibility to do some research, so you can choose which one fits your preference best. It is essential to take note that the only way these websites remain free is to include advertisements on their site. You can pay for an ad-free service, but sometimes you have exactly what you need without spending a cent on it.