If you’re just starting out with your small business website, chances are you’ve heard of link building, but you may be unsure of where to get started. A lot of small business owners make a mistake in not doing their research on the most effective link-building strategies out there when in fact it’s one of the most important and crucial ways of maintaining your business’s place on the world wide web. The most important thing is to focus on how links drive traffic onto your website, and with these top tips you can’t go for wrong in doing just that.
hoose Your Partners Specifically
When choosing who you’re going to partner with, consider forming business relationships with niche-specific influencers. These people will help you to serve the relevant content to whoever it is that your target audience is. Once you’ve started to build these relationships, you can then regularly begin to contribute to their blogs, and in doing that can advertise your own company effectively on their blogposts. Consumers will trust these links, and this is because:
- Chances are they visit that blog regularly and therefore trust the influencer and their posts. Because of this, if they see your website advertised on here, they’re likely to trust that it’s reliable and useful to them in some way.
- This contribution is also seen as honest more often than not, as opposed to in your face advertising. It shows you’ve worked in order to develop relationships.
Building backlinks for your website is so important when it comes to the overall success and popularity of it, so make this a priority.
Build Partnerships Locally
Depending on where your business is geographically and how it is that you’re wanting to conduct it, you’ll want to consider building local partnerships. When you’re doing this, you’ll want to aim for locally owned businesses and franchises rather than larger corporations. Because you’re starting out, it’s good to build relationships with those who will stay loyal to you.
Likewise, keep an eye for local blogs that you can potentially contribute to. Things like official community blogs and local news blogs that may welcome new contributions are also a great option, because it helps your business to get better known in the local vicinity. After all, isn’t that the place you’ll probably be conducting the vast majority of your initial business?
Use Well Known Techniques
Well known business techniques such as the skyscraper technique can be incredibly useful when it comes to your link-building process. The great thing about it, is instead of having to come up with fresh content week after week, you literally look at your competitors posts, and make them your own – but better. It goes a little something like this:
- First, discover what the top-performing content is within your niche. The level of performance is determined entirely upon the amount of hits the content has on the internet. There are some tools out there that will allow you to assess their backlinks too.
- Next, make something better. Have a look at their top performing content, and decide what it is that’s missing from it. Maybe they’re delivering really well in one area, and lacking in another. Whatever it is that their content is lacking, make up for it.
- Finally, promote your own content by reaching out to clients directly. Use social media or your email account in order to do this, and deliver the content directly into their mailbox in order to ensure that they receive it, and know you’re serious about your work.
Create the Content You’d Want to See as a Client
Last but certainly not least, it may sound a little obvious, but make sure that the content you’re producing is of the highest quality possible. This content has to be something that demonstrates your work is well thought out, and that you’re a leader rather than a follower. Some prime examples of quality content are:
- Blog posts that are in depth about their chosen topic.
- Case Studies.
The more in-depth and rich in content that your business website has, the better. Likewise, the range of ways in which you present this business is equally important. You want your website to be accessible and interesting for everyone who uses your website. If people prefer listening to reading, podcasts are a great way in order to reach those who aren’t into reading long posts. Think outside of the box, and it will set you apart from your competitors.