A right changing table can go a long way in making the whole task of changing diapers quite simple. When doing it without a changing table, you may end up hurting your knees and back due to constant pressure. The use of a changing table will allow you to be in an upright position, which will greatly reduce pressure on your lower back. While most moms are aware of the benefits of changing tables, they still feel reluctant to go ahead with the purchase. The reason is that they all want the best changing table 2018, but find it quite confusing to make a choice. Thankfully, you can make a good decision by paying attention to the following points:
- Pay attention to the size of the table and the available space. You need to ensure that the table you select is not too large for space you have available. Though larger tables are convenient to use, they may not fit within the boundaries of your baby’s nursery. You should also pay attention to how you are going to use the table. For instance, you should be opting for a rather large changing table if it is also going to serve as the primary storage place. In this case, you can have other pieces of furniture removed from your baby’s nursery and opt for something large enough to store baby’s necessities. Still, it is a good idea to start shopping once you have measured the available space. When taking a measurement, you should also ensure that your table stays away from any window in the nursery or else it will be difficult to handle everything.
- Pay attention to how functional the table is. In order to select the best changing table 2018, you should check its functionality and ensure that it helps make changing easier for you. Many moms are in love with oversized changing tables because they let you change your baby facing you. With this functionality, you can take longer to change your baby. Larger changing tables are better when toddlers continue wearing diapers until age two. With larger tables, there will be enough space for a toddler to change sides. Babies will also find it easier to stretch out.
- Pay attention to the overall height of the table. The width of the table matters a lot, but its height can make comfortable or trickier to use. Ideally, you should be buying a table that is high enough for you to change diapers without leaning too much forward.
- Pay attention to the layout of the table. Even when you opt for a relatively oversized changing table, you may not be able to reach the diapers, wipes, or creams because of its inefficient layout. You should be very careful about it and ensure that the table you are going to choose offers enough storage to help you handle all your diapering needs.
- Pay attention to how you can use a changing table. Some changing tables are portable enough to be used on top of a dresser. The best thing about such tables is that they help you save a lot of space while working around your baby. Such changing tables allow you to use the changer as a dresser later. Moreover, changing tables that can be used with a dresser are much sturdier too.
- Pay attention to the build quality of a changing table. You cannot buy the best changing table 2018 unless you know about its build quality, and that can be done simply by shaking the table when you see it in person. In case you are shopping online, you can simply read reviews or even speak with sales representatives to know what safety features are included in the table.
The fact of the matter is that you can certainly find a long list of changing tables, but you will have to go through some hassle to select the best changing table 2018. Ensure that it is sturdy, can hold an active child, and is capable of storing changing necessities with ease. That is how you get the best changing table for your baby!