Many may question, why scheduled preventative maintenance and repair necessary for automotive?
I hope you come to the conclusion that,
if you want to get your monies worth out of your automobile investment, you must take care of your vehicle. Preventative maintenance helps prolong the life of your vehicle and keeps it running as smooth as new. at least that’s the conclusion I would come to, and here’s why.
Whether you have an old clunker or a brand new state of the art vehicle, you need to keep a regularly scheduled maintenance routine to keep it running smooth. And if you have a high-performance automobile, like an Alfa Romeo & Fiat you may want to visit Automoda Fiat mechanic for the services and maintenance in return to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape to perform at its manufactury suggested performance levels.
At least once a year, no matter what type of vehicle you have, if you do nothing else, you should schedule these basic automobile maintenance services. Have a total overall inspection performed, or do it yourself if you are able. Check the following automotive systems yearly, if not more often.
• CHECK YOUR FLUIDS
- RADIATOR – check Antifreeze/ Coolant levels.
- Wiper fluid reservoir
- Power Steering Reservoir
- Transmission Fluid reservoir
• CHECK YOUR TIRES – Check your tire pressure and make sure your tire valves are not leaking.
• CHANGE FILTERS – When changing the oil, it is sensible to check and change the four filters that allow the automobile to function properly. The four filters in the automobiles are the oil filter, engine air filter, cabin air filter and the fuel filter.
• INSPECT & CLEAN BATTERY – You should inspect the battery and its cables often. Grit, rust and acid can accumulate around the arch posts and cable connectors.
• SPARK PLUGS – The spark plugs are the engine ignitors. The produce the fire that ignites the gas fumes to feed energy to the engine. These should be changed occasionally, along with the plugs, to ensure proper engine performance. This inspection is included in the basic tune-up. These should be changed every 30,000 miles.
• CHECK YOUR BRAKES – The brake system is your stopping mechanism. It is the only system that gives you the ability to come to a complete stop once the automobile is in motion. This complex system consists of the brake pedal, wheel cylinders, drums or rotors, pads, shoes or disc, and lines with fluid. If any of these components fail, you will surely have an accident. So, they should be checked and replaced regularly.
• AND KEEPING IT CLEAN – Last but not least, keep your automobile clean. Wash it often to remove road dust, dirt and grime. Give it an occasional detail and was the job to keep it looking and smelling brand new. Hang air fresheners and keep a small ozone spray in the glove compartment for emergencies.
These are the basic automotive maintenance procedures you should schedule for your automobile as the manufacturer recommends. These automotive manufacturer maintenance recommendations vary manufacturer to manufacturer as well as model to model. However, the above maintenance programs should be scheduled annually to keep your vehicle in top notch condition.