New York City is really special in the Springtime. The parks are beautiful, and the snow has already melted away by this time. There is a warm air that fills up the city and it is a great time to visit NYC as the airfare and accommodation are generally cheaper. The lines to the famous attractions are shorter and there are many new and exciting events daily.
If you are considering visiting NYC in Spring, there are so many things that you can do. First you should consider where you will be staying for the duration of your trip. In NYC you can rent a private or a shared room which you will get for a fraction of the price of a full rental accommodation. These are conveniently located throughout the city for your convenience. Find one that best suits the places you wish to visit.
5 Best things to do in NYC in Spring
- Visit the American Museum of Natural History Butterfly Conservatory – This beautiful butterfly garden is also one of the favourite museums in the entire city. It is a great place to visit and many people come here over and over again a they often showcase many special exhibits. You can even study dinosaur fossils and learn about biodiversity and environmentalism. You can acquire tickets from the site for the Butterfly Conservatory and entrance to the American Museum is included in the New York City Explorer Pass.
- Top of the Rock – there are many landscapes that come to life in Spring and it may be difficult to see these places from the ground. You can opt to view them from the top. You can zip all the way to the top of 30 Rockefeller Plaza for amazing views of Central Park and far beyond. Here you will enjoy a skyline and skyscrapers together with greenery. Tickets for Top of the Rock are available with the New York City Explorer Pass.
- Empire State Building – this is another great place to visit as you can view the city from the top of the Empire State Building. As you make your way to the top of the building you will find many interactive exhibits that tell the story of the construction of the building. Tickets to see this masterpiece are included in the New York City Explorer Pass.
- Landmarks Cruise – when the weather is warm you may want to take a cruise through the harbour. Hop onto the Circle Line Sightseeing cruise and see the Manhattan skyline from the water. The landmarks cruise covers the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and many more amazing sights. Tickets for the Circle Line Sightseeing are included with the New York Explorers Pass.
- Luna Park at Coney Island – if you are travelling with kids, this is the ideal trip. It is an absolute must for Springtime visits to NYC. There is truly something magical about visiting this iconic amusement park. There are many rides to enjoy for kids of all ages. You can enjoy unlimited rides on most of the attractions, stroll the boardwalk or just enjoy basking in the sunshine. Entrance to Luna Park at Coney Island 24-Ride pass ticket is included in the New York City Explorer Pass.
Other things to do in the city in Spring
- Central Park Bike Rentals and Tours – Central Park Bike tour is ideal for the warmer weather. You can come with your own bike or rent a bike to pedal through the park. There are so many beautiful flowers to see along the way and you can even go beyond the park and across the Brooklyn Bridge. There are often also many guided tours to join as well, which allow you to explore the city.
- The Brooklyn Botanic Garden – this garden has an amazing collection of cherry blossom trees so be sure to plan your trip around the time when they are in full bloom.
Events in NYC in Spring
- The New York Botanical Garden Orchid Show – takes place from February 15 2020 to April 19 2020. You will not want to miss this garden show especially if you are a fan of gardening.
- Macy’s Flower Show – takes place in March 2020 in celebration of Spring. The Macy’s flower show is back with loads of displays, and stunning flowers. It is a must see if you are a plant lover with talks, special events and featured gardens.
There is so much to see and do in NYC in springtime,, which is known by many, as the most magical time to visit the city.