Improving your skin and taking are of your bodies largest organ can be more difficult than it seems. New skincare and beauty products are often expensive. If you don’t have the budget to update all your skincare its best to start slow. There are a few easy ways you can improve your skin without breaking the bank. Read on to find out how.
- Pick the right jewelry color for your skin tone. It may seem simple but this easy choice can upgrade your whole look. Decide whether rose gold, 14k gold, 18k gold, or platinum and sterling silver look best on your skin tone. Wearing the right color jewelry can enhance your skin’s natural luster and tone down any unwanted discoloration.
To see how different materials look against your skin simply sit in front of a mirror. Lay a gold necklace against your chest and see how it makes your skin look. Are you glowing or washed out? Next place a silver bracelet against your wrist and see how that looks. This simple test can help you decide what works best.
- Drink a lot of water everyday! This may seem simple but staying hydrated can make all the difference when it comes to your skin. Staying properly hydrated and getting at least 64 oz of water a day can improve your skin very quickly. If you eat a high salt diet or consume alcohol regularly you may want to consume even more water. Listen to your body and drink water whenever you feel you need it. In the morning immediately drink a glass of water to start your day off right.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables especially in the morning. It is easy to get your veggies in every morning. Go for a carrot juice every morning as carrots are excellent for skin health. If carrots aren’t your thing berries are also a great choice to eat in the mornings. Introducing more fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet can improve skin drastically.
- Clean your face with gentle soap and water every night. Yes, that means you can’t sleep in your makeup! Cleaning your face every night even if you don’t wear makeup is important. Throughout the day oils, dust, dirt, and grime build up on your skin. You should wash your face every night with gentle soap or even just water and a towel to cleanse those impurities away. This will also help keep your sheets and pillowcases cleaner for longer. That leads us to our final tip.
- Clean all your pillowcases and sheets often. Your pillowcase can be a breeding ground for bacteria, oil, and dust. Washing your pillowcases regularly keeps your skin clean and safe as you sleep. Going to bed with skin that you haven’t washed means all that grime is rubbing off on your pillowcases all night. Then the next night if you do clean your face it will get dirty again on your pillow. No one wants that! Keep your pillowcases clean and pick a soft non-abrasive fabric to improve your skin drastically.
These simple and easy tips can help improve your skin without breaking the bank. You don’t nee high end and luxury products to improve your skin. A few basic switches and new habits can help improve your skin. Keep yourself healthy and happy with these tips.