This anonymous quote spells it all, “Take care of your body; it is the only place you have to live.” Healthy living is important. In order to do so, you should have a healthy diet. This automatically directs you to having quality kitchen appliances that can make healthy eating easy. Let us look at 5 such kitchen appliances.
1. Air Fryer
Oil is an important ingredient in the kitchen. At the same time, oil is the source of various health problems. One cannot completely eliminate oil from our diet, but can certainly reduce the intake. One such appliance that allows you to do so is the ‘Air Fryer’. Using the air fryer, you can have your delicious and crunchy recipes without having to worry about excessive oil dripping all over the place. This product uses oil, but in minimal quantities. Therefore, your French fries and chicken look as inviting as ever when you use the air fryer. You do not have to worry about the extra calories in the form of excess oil. It is one of the healthiest options you should have in your kitchen.
How to Choose Air fryer:
- Size: An average fryer should contain a minimum of 2 pounds of food items.
- Controlling features: Ensure that your sir fryer has easy features that enable you to control temperature settings and adjust timing.
- Capacity: The ideal capacity should be between 700 to 1500 watts.
- Warranty and backup service: The after sales service provided by manufacturers is important.
- Price: They can be a bit expensive, but it is worth every cent as you eliminate oil from your diet to the maximum extent.
- Brand: Go for the most popular brand in the market.
2. Quality / sparkling kitchen knives
One of the most commonly used kitchen appliances is the humble kitchen knife. You use it to chop your vegetables, fruits, meat, and practically every kind of food. Using the same knife to cut your vegetables and other non-vegetarian items can result in spread of harmful bacteria. Does it not make sense to invest in quality kitchen knives? Having sparkling stainless steel knives ensures there is no food contamination. It is a great idea to have multiple knives in the kitchen, and you are sure to find one to meet any need you may have among the collection of Fiskars kitchen knives. You can have separate ones for your non-vegetarian items and vegetables. Ensure that you clean them thoroughly with a disinfectant solution every time you use them. They last longer and help you last longer as well.
How to choose the Best:
- Understand your kitchen needs: Choose the right knife for your kitchen. Go for a Chef’s knife that is a versatile one.
- Blades: Stainless steel blades are the best when it comes to performance.
- Handle: It should slip into your hand comfortably.
- Become familiar: Adjust to the working of the knife. Usually, unfamiliar knives cause more injuries.
- Store carefully: A knife holder is the right place to store your knife, not your kitchen drawer.
3. Blender / Food processors
No kitchen is complete without the blender and the food processor. Preparing juices and smoothies are part of your daily cooking routine. It does make sense to have a high quality blender working for you. This not only saves considerable amounts of time but also makes it easy to supplement your other cooking activities. You need a lot of energy throughout the day. The blender is the perfect appliance to help you prepare the delicious and healthy fruit or vegetable juices.
Blenders can take care of juices whereas food processors are necessary to crush your other food to make your sauces or bases for cakes. This appliance allows you to mix various types of batter without using your hand. It not only saves your kitchen from becoming messy but also allows for healthy crushing and mixing.
4. Non-Stick cookware
Minimizing the intake of oil is a sure way of improving one’s health. You have seen the air fryer playing its part beautifully. Another quality kitchen appliance to have is the non-stick cookware items such as pans and bowls. The non-stick cooking pan is an ideal appliance to help you jeep oil away from your food. Your food does not stick to the pan thereby allowing you to clean it easily. Hence, you end up reducing your calorie intake without affecting the taste of food and ruining your kitchenware. The non-stick cookware is an essential appliance to have in your kitchen.
How to Choose Non-Stick Cookware:
- Conduction capacity: Copper is the best conductor of heat. Choose copper bottomed cookware to ensure uniform cooking.
- PFOA effect: Check out PFOA levels. It is better to avoid those items that have larger content of PFOA.
- Durability: Stainless steel cookware items are the most durable ones.
- Reactivity: Metals like aluminum can react with acid dishes. Check out reactivity before using it.
- Maintenance: Non-stick cookware needs more maintenance. Season the utensil before using it.
5. Quality storage containers
Preparing healthy food is one aspect of healthy eating. You need to have high quality storage containers to store your food. Invest in high grade plastic or stainless steel containers with air tight lids to enable easy storage. You should have a complete set of storage jars of various sizes to store your essential food items like salt, sugar, spices, and pickles. Storage containers of poor quality can damage the food and make it unhealthy. You cannot have your food directly from the frying pan or the microwave oven on to your plate every time. This emphasizes the need for having good quality storage containers.
Fitness is not only about having a healthy dietary and exercise routine. A lot depends of how you prepare your diet. The 5 kitchen appliances listed above can play a great role in helping you to prepare healthy food. This ensures that you stay healthy.