“My son died in my  hands, and I will not have mercy on anyone.” A strange tweet by Musk

0
827
“My son died in my  hands, and I will not have mercy on anyone.” A strange tweet by Musk
Elon Musk ( Shutter Stock )

 Since American billionaire Elon Musk acquired Twitter, he posts more often than ever and his tweets are stirring up controversies daily–especially after allowing users to return to and reactivate old accounts that had been cancelled.

In a new, tweet that received thousands of likes, Musk responded to a post about the possibility of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones being banned from social media. He wrote: “My firstborn child died in my arms… I felt his last heartbeat.”

“I will not hesitate to show mercy to anyone who uses the death of children for political gain or fame,” he said, referring to the man’s statements about a school massacre in 2012 that killed 28 children.

Today, author Sam Harris tweeted asking if there was any chance Jones’ account could be reconsidered to which Musk replied in shock.

Musk confirms that Jones will not return

On Friday, the American billionaire stated that he would not permit Jones to come back to Twitter. Somebody had recommended that he return, but he responded with a simply “No.”

Tesla’s chief did not reveal who made the decision to keep Jones banned, but he provided no further details about the process.

Jones, who is widely known for his denial of the Sandy Hook shooting, said he holds no grudge against Musk in a video clip. He went on to describe himself as “the most controversial figure in the world.” The statements were reported by the “Daily Mail” newspaper.

Political pressure

In the video released on Sunday, it was said that Musk was under political pressure not to allow him to return to Twitter.

His comment came approximately 24 hours before former President Donald Trump would be reinstated on Twitter, after Musk put out a survey to gauge users’ thoughts.

Alex Jones has not been active on Twitter since 2018, when his accounts were permanently suspended.

A judge ordered Thursday that Jones and his company pay an additional $473 million for promoting false conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school massacre. This lawsuit, brought by the families of victims, now has a total judgment against Jones and his company of $1.44 billion.

guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments