What is Explorer EXE? Is a dangerous virus, this virus affects your computer’s ability to use the Internet Explorer Web browser file and slow down your PC , This file is usually found in C:\Windows\system32 folder. You are advised to delete the file. Scan your computer with an antivirus software to make sure it is removed entirely.
Also you need to be more careful about this virus because there is a legitimate file/process explorer.exe in the C:\Windows folder. It is the process of windows explorer. which is a file runs and has a graphical user interface that you can see when you are opening hard drives or files. Sometimes, the graphical user interface of the explorer.exe file is referred to as Windows GUI shell or Explorer. .
Best Way to Remove
The errors within the registry are the most serious problems. Many viruses and Trojans in your PC which causes the most of errors. Most of the viruses and Trojans come from the internet and the flashes disks or phones. Wrongly or not properly installed software will bring a lot of errors, then the registry will be filled up with numerous problems. The best way to solve this problem is using a cleaner which is easy to find online
Manual Way to remove Explorer.EXE
1. Go to Start > Run > type (regedit). ,and then click the “OK” button.
2. Navigate to and delete the following entries:
simply right-click on it and select \”Delete.
3. Navigate to and delte the following registry subkeys:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mmtest * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mmtest\IEXPLORER
4. Locate and restore the following registry entries to their original values
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer \advanced\folder\hidden\showall\”CheckedValue” = “0”
simply right-click on it and select \”Modify .
5. Restart your PC
To ensure that the Explorer.exe file running on your computer is legitimate and not a virus, We are not highly recommending to use the manual way to remove Explorer.exe, You can easily remove the files in the temp folder by running one of PC Repair software. we have used System Mechanic to remove this EXE virus and it worked so we recommended to you too..