Applying for a job prices is now over, what’s next?
After successfully applying for a job which fits your requirements and qualifications, you’re now supposed to get ready for the next important phase which is the interview!
The interview phase is the part where you’ll either be hired or shut off. There are a lot of professional methods which have to be taken into consideration, because some job seeker might sometimes do killer mistakes which can cost them a good job opportunity lost. Your resume gave the first impression about you and mentioned your educational and transferable skills, now it’s time to see the person behind all that.
Recruiters generally evaluates the candidate’s skills using a professional scale , but other things like the candidate’s attitude , manners and even their look is also another major scale which helps in deciding whether to hire this person or not. Be aware to read the instructions for easily succeed in an interview professionally, it’s easy just follow the steps and apply it in your next interview.
Here the killer mistakes which job seeker must not do during an interview:
Every job interview must have a secret method of approaching. The common way to superior in any interview is to study all detailed information about the company. The mistake which a lot of people do , is going to the interview not prepared for any potential questioned to be asked related to the company’s regulations , history or business industry. Some recruiters might a common tricky question which is “what do you know about the company?” and “who is the owner and the policy of the company? “ , the least thing you should know is the owner and basic information about what’s the field of the company , food industry , educational studies , oil and gas etc…
- This step needs to be done before even applying to the job. When you apply online using famous online job websites, like LinkedIn and Joblang.com, you need to read about the company before applying. The company’s policy might not match your requirements.
Lack Of punctuality.
Respecting time is sacred when it comes to interviews. Some job seekers would do two kinds of time-managements mistakes, the first one is coming too early, and the second is being actually late. Which is worse?
Of course being late is worse than coming too early, but both are considered blunders. You need to be punctual when it comes to appointments timing frames. The best time frame s to come only 5 minutes earlier , or 10 minutes maximum ( if the weather conditions doesn’t allow you waiting outside ) , coming late gives the recruiter an enormous impression of you being careless and has zero time-management skills.
- Time management is really important. Recruiters are very precise when it comes to time-tables, they would have a lot of appointments during the day, and they simply don’t have time to lose 100-15minuts between every interview.
- Recruiters also respects the job seeker’s time as well. When people apply for a job online, on Joblang.com for example, you can see some job seekers mentioning the time they preferred to be contacted in, because they would not be available at other times.
Giving too much personal information.
Personal information should never be spread among or mentioned co-workers, colleagues and any person related to work. You should use a friendly note, but this doesn’t mean that the recruiters have to listen to your personal stories which not suit the recruiter’s environment or even taste. You must answer proffeisonaly upon the recruiter’s question; give clear answers related to the question. Focus on your professional accomplishments only and make sure you match your answers with the company’s needs.
- Even if you and your interviewer has a very good chemistry , you still need to respect the limits by not telling personal stories about yourself , like why would he actually listen to a funny siltation you we’re put in when you were in college for example !
Badmouthing previous employers.
Criticizing your current or even your past employers is an extremely bad attitude example. Badmouthing past employers or current ones reveals that you own a bad attitude direction; your interview will instantly know that one day she’ll be put in the same place as your previous employers. Even if you’ve suffered form past employers, you mustn’t talk in a negative way about them, it’s not going to affect them, it’s all on your shoulder. Even if the interviewer asked you about your opinion in your current or previous employer, you can say that he/she we’re normal, just like any other boss and that’s it!
- If you were currently in a job and badmouthed your employer, you might put yourself in a dangerous zone of him/her knowing that you actually said some bad stuff about them.
- Some of the great answers you can answer the interviewer with, is telling the interviewer that your boss is good you’re just looking to be supervised from someone extraordinary like targeted boss.
Wrong Outfits leads to wrong impression.
We all know that people shouldn’t judge their candidates by the looks or outfits. Well, it’s an ugly truth, they all do. Going to the interview dressed extremely formal or too casual wearing some extreme fashion wage which is not suitable in any job environment like torn jeans or crop tops. Be sure you dress in a fair formal way. Unfortunately, some recruiters actually hires depending on the looks, like receptionists are always asked to follow a good fashioned trend because they are the first representatives to the company.
- If you surf the internet and visit many online job websites , some of the job vacancies posted would actually ask for a “ looking for a good looking female receptionist “.
These mistakes are considered killer mistakes which can actually cost you’re the job opportunity. The first interview you do with your recruiter or potential employer must leave a very good image about you skills, your personality and as well as your looks. Your resume already gave them the primitive information they will need to evaluate your educational skills besides your transferable skills, but face-to-face interviews reveals everything else they need to know about you. It reveals your communication skills level, body language, attitude, voice tone and everything else related to both your personality and looks. Make sure you grow your chances bigger by professionally building your resume and turn yourself into a perfect candidate to be invested in in their companies.